Thread poster: marie-christine périé

marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:39
English to French
+ ...
Jan 9, 2007

would that be difficult to implement?
Some fields are quite narrow, so several searches can be necessary for one word. I find that quite tedious. Does anybody agree?
Or is there something I'm not doing right?

Thank you!
Marie-Christine

[Edited at 2007-01-09 18:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:39
German to English
Search options Jan 9, 2007

Good point, Marie-Christine - just this morning I wanted to limit my search to Law but had to choose either law - general; patents, trademarks, copyright; taxation/customs; or law - contracts. So I abandoned the search field option because it was too restrictive to get good results. Many askers are very sloppy in their categorization in any case.

I would like to see the search field option limited to the broad categories: law, medicine, marketing, business, etc.

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:39
English to Romanian
What about the "Any field" option? Jan 9, 2007

I always use the "Any" (field) option and never bother to choose one field from the list, because it would take more time and is not even very reliable, because of miscategorization of the terms.
Doesn't this option do the trick for you?

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:39
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
A great suggestion Jan 9, 2007

I agree that many terms are in the wrong category, but even so, such feature would be very helpful.

xxxcmwilliams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
French to English
+ ...
A step in the right direction Jan 9, 2007

Kim Metzger wrote:

I would like to see the search field option limited to the broad categories: law, medicine, marketing, business, etc.

Yes, I agree. This would be an improvement. I never use the KOG because it's just too difficult to find anything. I usually use the Proz.com term search function (I think this is what Maria is referring to as I don't believe there is an 'Any field' option in the KOG).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Be able to select several fields at a time when searching the KOG

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs