Mobile menu

Suggestion for a banner [mod: to encourage forum search / avoid repeat queries]
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
German to Polish
+ ...
Jan 13, 2007

"If you have a question on how to write in / convert to / translate / edit etc. a PDF file, please refer first to previous forum postings (use the search function and type in "converting PDF" or simply "PDF" instead of asking for the seven-hundredth time for a solution."

It may not be the optimal wording, any bettter proposals are welcome.

Regards

Andrzej

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-01-13 22:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

Melissa Stanfield  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:29
Italian to English
+ ...
automated banner Jan 14, 2007

Perhaps an automated banner that detects words in the title, like the one that comes up in Kudoz? (And has saved me from an embarassing obvious question that had already been asked!)

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:29
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Good idea... Jan 14, 2007

Melissa Stanfield wrote:

Perhaps an automated banner that detects words in the title, like the one that comes up in Kudoz? (And has saved me from an embarassing obvious question that had already been asked!)

Nice idea, Melissa!

Bill

Melissa Stanfield  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:29
Italian to English
+ ...
streamline the forums Jan 16, 2007

William [Bill] Gray wrote:

Melissa Stanfield wrote:

Nice idea, Melissa!

Bill

Thanks Bill! A great idea from Andrzej - repeats do happen with frustrating regularity, which is easy to do given how popular the forums are and how quickly topics move down the list.

I have no idea how technically difficult this is, but it would be great for the forum system to be as well streamlined as Kudoz:) I'm sure it would make the mods jobs easier too!

Again Andrzej, thanks for bringing this up!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion for a banner [mod: to encourage forum search / avoid repeat queries]

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs