Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:50
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

Hi, all,

I think it could be interesting if Platinum members could not only donate their BrowniZ to other members but also exchange them for services.

For instance, if I need a text to be reviewed or edited by a colleague, if I want my website to be translated by a native speaker of the language...

This way, non-Platinum members could buy access to Blue Board records (something I find really important in order to beware of non-payers), for instance. Or bid for jobs, or become Platinum obtaining a discount...

What do you think? Non-Platinum members could be credited for their work the same way that ProZ Localization teams are, 3 browniz for each word translated and 1 for each word checked.

Have a nice weekend!

Rosa

Direct link Reply with quote

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:50
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Browniz in exchange for reduced price membership renewal? Jan 19, 2007

Or could members use their Browniz points to obtain a reduced price for renewing their ProZ subscription? The amount of the discount depending, of course, on the number of Browniz.

[Edited at 2007-01-19 09:52]

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:50
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Isn't that already possible? Jan 19, 2007

Hi, Jenny,

I think you can already renew your Platinum membership with a discount if you have 4000 browniz.

My idea would be to help members who may not be able to purchase a Platinum membership to bid on job offers, check the BB... and, at the same time, promote an exchange of services among colleagues.

I mean, if I get Browniz for contributing to the community, couldn't I benefit from that in other ways, not only by getting a discount when I renew my Platinum membership, but also by employing other colleagues' services, in a way that helps me while helping others?

Maybe this use could be limited to translating / proofreading resumés, web pages, etc., so that my marketing tools can be improved at no cost (just the time I have devoted to the community) while no fellow translator can feel he or she is being taken advantage of. I mean, maybe it would be a good idea to limit this exchange so that nobody gets a "free" translation of a test or part of an assignment.

Regards,

Rosa

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 16:50
SITE STAFF
Interesting idea Jun 15, 2007

Hi Rosa,

Sorry for being late, this is an interesting idea. I have tagged it for further evaluation.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards from sunny La Plata, Argentina,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exchange of browniz points for services

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs