Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

Hi, all,

I think it could be interesting if Platinum members could not only donate their BrowniZ to other members but also exchange them for services.

For instance, if I need a text to be reviewed or edited by a colleague, if I want my website to be translated by a native speaker of the language...

This way, non-Platinum members could buy access to Blue Board records (something I find really important in order to beware of non-payers), for instance. Or bid for jobs, or become Platinum obtaining a discount...

What do you think? Non-Platinum members could be credited for their work the same way that ProZ Localization teams are, 3 browniz for each word translated and 1 for each word checked.

Have a nice weekend!

Rosa

Direct link Reply with quote

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:29
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Browniz in exchange for reduced price membership renewal? Jan 19, 2007

Or could members use their Browniz points to obtain a reduced price for renewing their ProZ subscription? The amount of the discount depending, of course, on the number of Browniz.

[Edited at 2007-01-19 09:52]

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Isn't that already possible? Jan 19, 2007

Hi, Jenny,

I think you can already renew your Platinum membership with a discount if you have 4000 browniz.

My idea would be to help members who may not be able to purchase a Platinum membership to bid on job offers, check the BB... and, at the same time, promote an exchange of services among colleagues.

I mean, if I get Browniz for contributing to the community, couldn't I benefit from that in other ways, not only by getting a discount when I renew my Platinum membership, but also by employing other colleagues' services, in a way that helps me while helping others?

Maybe this use could be limited to translating / proofreading resumés, web pages, etc., so that my marketing tools can be improved at no cost (just the time I have devoted to the community) while no fellow translator can feel he or she is being taken advantage of. I mean, maybe it would be a good idea to limit this exchange so that nobody gets a "free" translation of a test or part of an assignment.

Regards,

Rosa

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 18:29
SITE STAFF
Interesting idea Jun 15, 2007

Hi Rosa,

Sorry for being late, this is an interesting idea. I have tagged it for further evaluation.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards from sunny La Plata, Argentina,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exchange of browniz points for services

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs