Project History in Profile - Job Role Options
Thread poster: Melissa Stanfield

Melissa Stanfield  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:38
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2007

Hi all,

This is not a major issue, nonetheless... I am wondering why the job roles in the project history are limited to "translation", "interpreting" and "editing/proofreading"? I would like to enter some transcription work, and I'm sure others have done subtitling/voiceover work, etc., that doesn't fit into these categories?

I thought even if there are too many options to enter, perhaps an "other" category might help - but I don't think there are too many job role types.

Thanks - looking forward to your replies.

Direct link Reply with quote

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
I would second that ... Jan 23, 2007

I do a lot of editing for speakers writing in English, which isn't translation, but draws on my background as a translator. I would like to see the category "other" added ...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project History in Profile - Job Role Options

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs