Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab

Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:08
Member (2006)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2002

Am I the only one to have noticed over the last few days a HUGE number of Spanish-English medical questions being asked by the same person (a non-proz member, so no idea who they are...). It does not take much to realise that they are simply working their way through the entire contents of a medical dictionary... which leads one to deduce that either they have a very bad social life or that they are undertaking a professional translation of such a tome... or rather, they are getting others to the work for free. Literally hundreds of questions - and yet a certain group of people are happily supplying answers. I seriously question the motivation for doing this, and also the fact that these questions are being allowed to stand. Do translators not understand the implications? This goes beyond just providing a friendly helping hand to a fellow professional, which I understand to be the commendable underlying ethos of KudoZ. This is simply getting someone else to do a job which you cannot do, or cannot be bothered to do, yourself - and all for FREE. By going along with this, fellow translators are basically undermining their own profession - and indirectly denying themselves and competent fellow professionals the ability to earn. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Please wake up and smell the coffee. It really isn\'t worth it for a handful of proz points guys.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shooting ourselves in the collective foot

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs