Mobile menu

A request to bring 'CAT Fight' back
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
Partial member
+ ...
Jan 23, 2007

I don't understand why CAT Fight was removed from ProZ. It was one of this site's most useful features. This interactive CAT Tool comparison chart that was very helpful because the reviews weren't based on an overall score for each CAT tool but instead the reviewers could rate different features of the CAT tools. That way, the overall score was more objective.

Since there are so many new--and old CAT Tools available and not all translators need the same features, a new and improved 'CAT Fight' would be more than welcome. It could have a similar format but with more "points" to rate, i.e. easy to install, html/xml handling, glossary management, etc.

What do you think?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:39
English to Spanish
I would love it Jan 24, 2007

It was one of my favorite features as well. Sometimes, we need an all-powerful tool. Others may need a more cost-efficient one (note: I said cost-efficient, not cheaper).

Boris Sigalov
Local time: 21:39
English to Russian
I support Claudia's request Jan 24, 2007

Yes, it was a useful feature and I'd like to see it back too.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:39
English to French
+ ...
What would happen if... Jan 27, 2007

What if ProZ gets a nice commission for SDL Trados sales, provided that they don't display anything on their site anymore that declares that, according to site members, the best CAT tool is Wordfast?

I am not the least surprised that this section of the site was removed. Had they kept it, it probably would have led to no less than conflict of interest.

Yup, this is just how business is...

Sorry guys!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A request to bring 'CAT Fight' back

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs