Suggestion: a "save this post" (or similar) feature
Thread poster: Andrea Riffo

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 16:56
English to Spanish
Apr 6, 2007

Hello everyone!

I was searching for a post I read about 3 or 4 months ago that would come in really handy these days and it took me ages to find it.

This led me to wondering: wouldn't it be useful to have a tool that alowed us to save or mark the posts (not threads, as for that we have the e-mail tracking feature) that we find particularly good, interesting, etc?

I'm thinking of something similar to the "star" feature that Gmail has for e-mails. I think it would make it a lot easier to find certain posts, specially when they are buried in the middle of looooong threads.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
A "My Forums" list would be useful too. Apr 6, 2007

In KudoZ, there is a "My KudoZ" button from which you can see all the questions you have asked and answered.
A similar "My Forums" feature, showing all your own threads and all the posts you have made in other threads, would also be useful.
I would sometimes like to contribute to a new thread a reference to something I had started or posted in an old one. I can sometimes find what I want through "Forum Search", but it would be easier through "My Forums" if it existed.

[Edited at 2007-04-06 18:20]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:56
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
My ProZ Apr 6, 2007

Yes yes yes, please. Not only a My Forums but a My ProZ page that would allow us to save our favorite forums, articles, agencies, members, etc

Jalapeno
Local time: 22:56
English to German
... Apr 6, 2007

Jack Doughty wrote:

In KudoZ, there is a "My KudoZ" button from which you can see all the questions you have asked and answered.
A similar "My Forums" feature, showing all your own threads and all the posts you have made in other threads, would also be useful.
I would sometimes like to contribute to a new thread a reference to something I had started or posted in an old one. I can sometimes find what I want through "Forum Search", but it would be easier through "My Forums" if it existed.

[Edited at 2007-04-06 18:20]

If I'm not mistaken, this feature is already there. Just go to your profile, there should be a link called "Forum posts" at the very bottom of your profile (below Experience, Credentials, Memberships, Software).

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Yes,own forums feature does exist Apr 6, 2007

Jalapeno, you are right. And I seem to remember now that this was pointed out in another forum post not very long ago.
But I think a sub-menu under "Communities" on the home page would be more prominent, easier to find and less likely to be forgotten altogether by those with deficient memories like me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: a "save this post" (or similar) feature

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs