Mobile menu

Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)
Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel

Alison Schwitzgebel
Local time: 03:27
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2002

I\'m happy to provide help wherever I can, however my inbox seems to be filling up with requests for information on agencies in Israel, the US and all sorts of other countries that I have absolutely no professional dealings with.

Would it be possible to incorporate a feature into the blue board agency information requests such that the recipient of the information request can specify that they only want to receive requests for agencies in a specific/a few specific countries?

Just a suggestion....

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 20:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not much point to be country-specific as you never know where your next job might be coming from. Dec 13, 2002

I really like the Blue Board section as it weeds out any \'baddies\'. It has been my experience that once you are done with responding to E-mails about the Blue Board, that\'s the end of it. In the meantime, just delete them if you don\'t have any news. Actually, I have turned off the automatic E-mails from Proz because of lack of time. But again, I really think we have a collective duty to keep the Blue Board up to date.

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Good idea Dec 13, 2002

I would be happier only to receive such requests for agencies in the UK. I immediately delete those from anywhere else.

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
German to Danish
+ ...
good idea, Alison Dec 14, 2002

- I turned off the blue board notifications a long time ago, because I received a lot of e-mails regarding agencies in countries I would hardly ever get job from (simply because of my language combination).

have a nice day everyone

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs