Mobile menu

Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)
Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 19:09
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2002

I\'m happy to provide help wherever I can, however my inbox seems to be filling up with requests for information on agencies in Israel, the US and all sorts of other countries that I have absolutely no professional dealings with.

Would it be possible to incorporate a feature into the blue board agency information requests such that the recipient of the information request can specify that they only want to receive requests for agencies in a specific/a few specific countries?

Just a suggestion....

Alison

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 20:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not much point to be country-specific as you never know where your next job might be coming from. Dec 13, 2002

I really like the Blue Board section as it weeds out any \'baddies\'. It has been my experience that once you are done with responding to E-mails about the Blue Board, that\'s the end of it. In the meantime, just delete them if you don\'t have any news. Actually, I have turned off the automatic E-mails from Proz because of lack of time. But again, I really think we have a collective duty to keep the Blue Board up to date.

Marijke

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:09
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Good idea Dec 13, 2002

I would be happier only to receive such requests for agencies in the UK. I immediately delete those from anywhere else.

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Danish
+ ...
good idea, Alison Dec 14, 2002

- I turned off the blue board notifications a long time ago, because I received a lot of e-mails regarding agencies in countries I would hardly ever get job from (simply because of my language combination).

have a nice day everyone

lise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs