https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/7134-when_do_jobs_have_to_be_closed_and_how_is_this_being_monitoredd.html

When do jobs have to be closed and how is this being monitored?(D)
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:56
English to German
+ ...
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Dear all, especially Proz.com staff!

I guess my topic will be somewhat in between ab inquiry and a suggestion:

Several times I mentioned that jobs stay on the board for quite a long time (a week or so), although they have been assigned already.

The latest I am aware of is http://www.proz.com/job?id=29670. I applied for the job and got
... See more
Hello, Dear all, especially Proz.com staff!

I guess my topic will be somewhat in between ab inquiry and a suggestion:

Several times I mentioned that jobs stay on the board for quite a long time (a week or so), although they have been assigned already.

The latest I am aware of is http://www.proz.com/job?id=29670. I applied for the job and got the information from the outsourcer that the job had been assigned.

But still it is indicated as open.

My question is now: how and when are outsourcers reminded/enforced to close job biddings that are not valid anymore? Do they receive a reminder similar to this sent out when an asker has forgotten to grade suggested answers?

If not, I would suggest to install such feature. It is pretty time-consuming to reply to expired or invalid job offers on the board just to learn that the outsourcer forgot to close the bidding in time.

Thanks for reply

Steffen

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-17 12:54 ]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 20:09]
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
German to English
+ ...
I agree, Steffen! Dec 17, 2002

This could be particularly irritating and costly for non-Platinum members who have to pay to bid on a job.

Are Browniez reimbursed if the job has been closed?

Trudy

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I agree as well... and an idea to solve this Dec 17, 2002

I agree with you as well.

A suggestion for Henry: What about adding a mandatory field (on the form that the outsourcers have to fill out) asking the outsourcer to enter a *job post closing* date (and a note on the form to tell them that the date they will enter is the date that will automatically \"Shut-down\" their posting no matter what the outcome is.

That field should be linked (somehow) to the original posting date and not allow it to be open for
... See more
I agree with you as well.

A suggestion for Henry: What about adding a mandatory field (on the form that the outsourcers have to fill out) asking the outsourcer to enter a *job post closing* date (and a note on the form to tell them that the date they will enter is the date that will automatically \"Shut-down\" their posting no matter what the outcome is.

That field should be linked (somehow) to the original posting date and not allow it to be open for any longer than a certain number of days (maybe a week?) so as to avoid outsourcers leaving a very long delay before the posting is shut down for good.

Is this feasible?

Just a thought... what do you think?

P.s. (edited note): I know that there is a line at the top of the job postings which states \"Do not bid after\" but it always looks like people enter dates that are rather far-away in time...

Now adding to my idea above, perhaps an email notification could be automatically sent to the outsourcer advising them that their post will be closed automatically unless they request (via a link) to extend it for another week (for example). - So that they would not have to re-enter all the job details all over again for long projects where they may have a bit of time to find the right translators etc...

If the outsourcer does not ask for an extension, the job would be automatically closed within 24hrs.

Nath

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-17 22:35 ]
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
German to English
+ ...
"Do not bid after" Dec 18, 2002

Speaking of \"Do not bid after\" -- why does it then say \"on\"? Could the \"on\" be deleted? This really bugs me!

Trudy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When do jobs have to be closed and how is this being monitored?(D)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »