Mobile menu

Taking summer time into account - local time on profile page
Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
German to Danish
+ ...
May 11, 2007

Would it be possible to automatically change the "local time" feature on the profile page according to summer time or normal time. I believe my local time is set ok - but now it shows e.g. 12:58 p.m. while my watches here show 13:58 p. m. it's a bit confusing and could sometimes be important to know the exact local time - for example when you have to deliver a rush job to someone in another time zone it might be useful to know exactly if you have that extra hour or maybe NOT ...

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
You can set it yourself May 11, 2007

Hi Lise,

You can set it yourself. I already fixed mine when the clocks changed.

All you have to do is click on the pale grey square to the left of the arrows that toggle visibility on and off. Then you get the boxes to select the time, and you select "GMT + 2". That's all.

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Different countries May 11, 2007

I'm not sure this would be technically feasible, because Summer Time or Daylight Saving Time starts and ends on different dates in different countries. In addition, there are some countries where it is not observed equally throughout the whole country, and some countries where the standard dates have changed from one year to the next. For these reasons, it is probably only practical to remind everyone to make the appropriate adjustments on their own profile.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Taking summer time into account - local time on profile page

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs