Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:49
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 18, 2007

I'm editing in HTML some files f my web page but when I uploaded the files they do not show the proper character.

Am I failing to execute any particular step? or label?

Thanx!

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 02:49
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Probably! Jun 18, 2007

It depends on what you're designing/updating your website with. If you're using pure HTML, then you need to include codes for those characters, instead of the actual characters. Here's a list of codes:

http://www.starr.net/is/type/htmlcodes.html

I use Dreamweaver for my website stuff, and don't have to include any codes in there - Dreamweaver does it automatically (
... See more
It depends on what you're designing/updating your website with. If you're using pure HTML, then you need to include codes for those characters, instead of the actual characters. Here's a list of codes:

http://www.starr.net/is/type/htmlcodes.html

I use Dreamweaver for my website stuff, and don't have to include any codes in there - Dreamweaver does it automatically (and I find HTML "programming" to be really tedious anyway). I know that program-generated pages are not as memory-effective, but in the age of broadband, that is hardly a concern with standard webpages. (Now, if someone just cleaned up the damn registry in Windows....)
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:49
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Raw HTML and wit Dreaweaver Jun 19, 2007

Thank you very much, Marcelo.

I don't know what's going on. First, I used a template to set my page. Then, I edited it using Dreamweaver. The pages looked fine "locally" at the PC but when I uploaded to the site, the accents did not display, so I decided to edit the raw HTML files which is too slow

Once I fixed "manually" these files on the site, I downloaded to my PC and the same s...ituation: the acce
... See more
Thank you very much, Marcelo.

I don't know what's going on. First, I used a template to set my page. Then, I edited it using Dreamweaver. The pages looked fine "locally" at the PC but when I uploaded to the site, the accents did not display, so I decided to edit the raw HTML files which is too slow

Once I fixed "manually" these files on the site, I downloaded to my PC and the same s...ituation: the accents did not display.

Anyway, I hope I can fix it with this great advise, Marcelo. Thanx!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accents and ñ in HTML

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »