Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:25
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 18, 2007

I'm editing in HTML some files f my web page but when I uploaded the files they do not show the proper character.

Am I failing to execute any particular step? or label?

Thanx!

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 15:25
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Probably! Jun 18, 2007

It depends on what you're designing/updating your website with. If you're using pure HTML, then you need to include codes for those characters, instead of the actual characters. Here's a list of codes:

http://www.starr.net/is/type/htmlcodes.html

I use Dreamweaver for my website stuff, and don't have to include any codes in there - Dreamweaver does it automatically (
... See more
It depends on what you're designing/updating your website with. If you're using pure HTML, then you need to include codes for those characters, instead of the actual characters. Here's a list of codes:

http://www.starr.net/is/type/htmlcodes.html

I use Dreamweaver for my website stuff, and don't have to include any codes in there - Dreamweaver does it automatically (and I find HTML "programming" to be really tedious anyway). I know that program-generated pages are not as memory-effective, but in the age of broadband, that is hardly a concern with standard webpages. (Now, if someone just cleaned up the damn registry in Windows....)
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:25
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Raw HTML and wit Dreaweaver Jun 19, 2007

Thank you very much, Marcelo.

I don't know what's going on. First, I used a template to set my page. Then, I edited it using Dreamweaver. The pages looked fine "locally" at the PC but when I uploaded to the site, the accents did not display, so I decided to edit the raw HTML files which is too slow

Once I fixed "manually" these files on the site, I downloaded to my PC and the same s...ituation: the acce
... See more
Thank you very much, Marcelo.

I don't know what's going on. First, I used a template to set my page. Then, I edited it using Dreamweaver. The pages looked fine "locally" at the PC but when I uploaded to the site, the accents did not display, so I decided to edit the raw HTML files which is too slow

Once I fixed "manually" these files on the site, I downloaded to my PC and the same s...ituation: the accents did not display.

Anyway, I hope I can fix it with this great advise, Marcelo. Thanx!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accents and ñ in HTML

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »