https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/75822-changing_kudoz_question_after_posting.html

Changing KudoZ question after posting?
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:09
Czech to German
+ ...
Jun 19, 2007

Hi,

I just posted a question in KudoZ and only afterwards realized that there was a misprint in the subject line so I tried to correct it but could not get into the text. The only thing I would have been able to change was the language and the field so I had to leave it as it was and make a note (some kind soul made the change afterwards, thanks for that!).

Would it be possible to arrange it so that one could make changes in the subject line and/or the text after the qu
... See more
Hi,

I just posted a question in KudoZ and only afterwards realized that there was a misprint in the subject line so I tried to correct it but could not get into the text. The only thing I would have been able to change was the language and the field so I had to leave it as it was and make a note (some kind soul made the change afterwards, thanks for that!).

Would it be possible to arrange it so that one could make changes in the subject line and/or the text after the question has been posted?

Charlotte
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Suggestion fully seconded Jun 19, 2007

Hi Charlotte,

I've made this change for you IIRC

I fully support your suggestion: After the question has been posted, the asker should be able to edit the term headline, general and detailed field, and the optional "write-in" field containing additional information about the subject matter.

Steffen

Anne Goff
Anne Goff  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:09
French to English
+ ...
Complications Jun 19, 2007

I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to change our own KudoZ questions, but I suppose it could lead to some unfortunate problems.

If the asker changes the question after someone has already answered, you could end up with answers that look ridiculously wrong.

Might be a bit frustrating for the answerers.

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
Just add a note Jun 19, 2007

Just add a note, as an asker. Problem 100% solved.

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jun 19, 2007

@ Steffen: Danke!

@ Anne: You are quite right, I see this problem. In this case, however, I wanted to edit the headline immediately before anyone could have answered.

@ Mikhail: That's what I did. But the problem was that my misprint was in the headline and - without Steffen's help - there would have been a wrong phrase. I had written "less" instead of "loss" so those who wanted to help would have been looking for a term that does not exist...

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Editing until the first answer comes might help! Jun 20, 2007

The preview option is a help, but I would love to be able to remove typos that slip past the review.

But then I usually only discover them after an answer has come in. I just have to live with them.

At least I can remove typos from my work at the proofreading stage. The people I really admire are concert pianists!

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:09
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Added to the to-dos list Jun 25, 2007

Hi all,

I have added to our to-dos list Christine's suggestion of allowing askers to edit their questions until the first answer arrives.

Thanks for a great exchange and an excellent suggestion.

Best,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing KudoZ question after posting?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »