Kudoz questions asked in the wrong language
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:06
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

I've already brought up this topic:

but despite agreement by various moderators, nothing has been done. And yet the problem hasn't gone away... and I'm getting sick of it. (Yes, I know I could turn off notifications for English monolingual, but I don't actually want to!)

Can something PLEASE be done? Steffen's suggestions in the previous thread sound particularly sensible.

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Absolutely necessary Jul 10, 2007

Hi Marie-Hélène

Thanks for bringing this issue back
OK, I would suggest something.
Whenever someone re-formulates the right language pair - be it: to reverse the language pair, or to change it straight away - there should be a mechanism for notification.
Be it:
1) Automatically notifying all those potential KudoZ answerers (as if the modified KudoZ had already been posted), or...
2) Get into a "buffer-zone" for possible notifications, that is: say, a Mod vets the modified KudoZ to be notified to potential answerers. Not that the KudoZ should stay "hidden", but... that there be a special page for "modified KudoZ waiting to be sent".
This second proposal could be somehow time-consuming, but at the same time allow for more diffusion of the corrected KudoZ.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz questions asked in the wrong language

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs