Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:23
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

I've already brought up this topic:

http://www.proz.com/post/427504#427504

but despite agreement by various moderators, nothing has been done. And yet the problem hasn't gone away... and I'm getting sick of it. (Yes, I know I could turn off notifications for English monolingual, but I don't actually want to!)

Can something PLEASE be done? Steffen's suggestions in the previous thread sound particularly sensible.

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 04:23
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Absolutely necessary Jul 10, 2007

Hi Marie-Hélène

Thanks for bringing this issue back
OK, I would suggest something.
Whenever someone re-formulates the right language pair - be it: to reverse the language pair, or to change it straight away - there should be a mechanism for notification.
Be it:
1) Automatically notifying all those potential KudoZ answerers (as if the modified KudoZ had already been posted), or...
2) Get into a "buffer-zone" for possible notifications, that is: say, a Mod vets the modified KudoZ to be notified to potential answerers. Not that the KudoZ should stay "hidden", but... that there be a special page for "modified KudoZ waiting to be sent".
This second proposal could be somehow time-consuming, but at the same time allow for more diffusion of the corrected KudoZ.

Regards,
Fabio

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz questions asked in the wrong language

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs