Ability to edit agency contact info (D)
Thread poster: xxxjsl
xxxjsl
Local time: 15:56
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jan 23, 2003

I have one suggestion for the Agency Blue Board. I would like someone to change the system so that we can update the information for agencies. Under the current system, we cannot alter the agency information, such as address, phone number, fax number, URL, and e-mail contact address. The person who had first entered the agency might not know those pieces of information in detail, but others may know them. In addition, the information is changing all the time.

Currently, if someone wants to update the information of an agency, what do we have to do? Do we have to contact a ProZ.com staff member to ask him/her to change it?

I understand that someone may \"intentionally\" change the information if we can freely \"update\" it, and that we should avoid that.

Any good opinion, either from colleagues or from a ProZ.com staff member?

Thanks.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 08:56
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
maybe changing by a moderator Jan 23, 2003

Maybe it is useful to add a new button, which send a mail to a moderator with changing information.

Hans

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I like your suggestion Jan 23, 2003

Good morning,

I like your suggestion. I think that there should also be an indicator as to \"when\" (what date) the Agency\'s original contact information was modified or when details have been added.

Regards,

Nathalie

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:56
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
I agree with Nathalie Jan 23, 2003

Good idea to include dates of any changes to the Blue Board.

Gayle

Frank Bremster  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:56
German
+ ...
Indeed Jan 24, 2003

Very good idea

xxxjsl
Local time: 15:56
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many people seem to agree to this idea, now ... Jan 24, 2003

Thanks everyone. I also like DSC\'s and Natalie\'s ways, and the bottom line is that we need a kind of function to update the contact information.

I have not seen the opinions from the ProZ.com staff members. Is this idea now going to be incorporated as a new feature in the Agency Blue Board? I would like to here more from the operation side.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ability to edit agency contact info (D)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums