Kudoz peer \'agrees\'
Thread poster: Karin Walker
Karin Walker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:32
German to English
+ ...
Dec 14, 2001

Nothing to do with being \"cold automatons\"! I just happen to think it\'s nice enough when people \"agree\" with my answers, I don\'t have to go round thanking them for agreeing. Sometimes there\'s five or six \"agrees\" under one answer and it does look funny (peculiar, not haha). No hard feelings please; it\'s just my opinion!

Direct link Reply with quote

Karin Walker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:32
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This should have appeared on the "PEERS" thread, sorry for any confusion. Dec 16, 2001

xxxH.A.
English to Russian
+ ...
We say 'thank you' even to 'disagree' comments Dec 18, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-12-14 08:21, KGartshore wrote:

Sometimes there\'s five or six \"agrees\" under one answer and it does look funny (peculiar, not haha).

Karin, those *thank you\'s* indeed may look like overkilling if you consider them as a qui pro quod attitude, but some find such a way of interacting quite informative - you get a feedback from your colleagues and a chance to make your point more clear, if necessary, or even get your version improved, or simply say \'hi\' to someone. I think there is nothing ridiculous in thanking people for their comments. \'Disagree\' comments should also be appreciated as they serve the same purpose. And, of course, there is nothing wrong with those who have no time or desire to go back and thank everyone for taking time to push a mouse button .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz peer \'agrees\'

Advanced search

TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs