Please provide illustration facilities for Askers and Answerers!
Thread poster: Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

Please make it possible for Askers and Answerers of KudoZ questions to upload pictures in the most popular formats; to be used for clarification of question respectively answer.

Sven.

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:45
Italian to English
+ ...
Hmm... good idea, but... Mar 3, 2003

I think it would have to be controlled somehow, otherwise it\'d just be open to abuse.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-03-03 19:51, sven wrote:

Please make it possible for Askers and Answerers of KudoZ questions to upload pictures in the most popular formats; to be used for clarification of question respectively answer.

Sven.

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Not the abuse would be the main problem, Mar 3, 2003

but the capacity of the storage system of proz.

Can you imagine the TB of data to be stored?

The idea is good, but let\'s think about the technics.

If you have a website of your own, you can always provide a link to the picture.

Regards

Andrzej

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer to Andrzej Mar 3, 2003

Dear Andrzej,

I understand your worries about the storage space. IF NEEDED, the facility could be limited to:

- One image per term question

- GIF

- 16 colours

- 200 x 300 pixel

AND

the image could be scrapped when it has served its purpose, i.e. when the question has been graded.

I don’t think your suggestion implied in \"If you have a website of your own, you
... See more
Dear Andrzej,

I understand your worries about the storage space. IF NEEDED, the facility could be limited to:

- GIF

- 16 colours

- 200 x 300 pixel

AND

the image could be scrapped when it has served its purpose, i.e. when the question has been graded.

I don’t think your suggestion implied in \"If you have a website of your own, you can always provide a link to the picture.\" is practical.

Best regards,

Sven.

Collapse

Monica Berntsson
Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Enigmatic laboratory item Mar 4, 2003

Dear all,

I had a question which turned out to be difficult to answer. I still don\'t know the correct term for it. I had to use a \"secure\" but maybe wrong one. Maybe it would have helped if I would have been able to provide a picture. The answerers asked for more information and a picture could have done the trick. I don\'t know about the practical/technical dilemmas, but it would be great if it worked!

Quote:

<... See more
Dear all,

I had a question which turned out to be difficult to answer. I still don\'t know the correct term for it. I had to use a \"secure\" but maybe wrong one. Maybe it would have helped if I would have been able to provide a picture. The answerers asked for more information and a picture could have done the trick. I don\'t know about the practical/technical dilemmas, but it would be great if it worked!

Quote:

On 2003-03-03 23:10, sven wrote:

Dear Andrzej,

- GIF

- 16 colours

- 200 x 300 pixel

AND

I don’t think your suggestion implied in \"If you have a website of your own, you can always provide a link to the picture.\" is practical.

Best regards,

Sven.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please provide illustration facilities for Askers and Answerers!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »