Mobile menu

Moderated system, etiquette
Thread poster: xxxeurotransl
xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

I am very happy with the new moderated approach to these forums. Before, it was possible to post messages in the \"heat of the moment\" that would appear on this site instantaneously.

Now, these messages are vetted, and that\'s good. Also, it gives you enough time to contact the moderator and ask him or her to delete one\'s message posted to the database before it\'s too late.

I am also glad that anonymous postings (including by non-members of ProZ) are no longer possible.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dave Simons
Local time: 20:55
French to English
Jun 17, 2001

Still, it would be nice to have one unmoderated forum for us to let our hair down in!

Carla Zwanenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 17, 2001

Yes, I totally agree with you Eurotransl, the forums are at least as interesting as they were before being moderated, but a much nicer place to hang out now. It\'s great to be able to change opinions in a friendly atmosphere and I would like to thank all contributing colleagues for sharing their ideas

Best wishes,

Carla

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Jun 26, 2001

Yes. It is much easier to be heard when suggestions are made in a moderate tone. Aggressive postings hide what might be some very useful suggestions. The rules of etiquette are there for a reason.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-06-30 10:19 ]

Blanca Rodr�guez
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2001

I agree with everything you have said here, but I also would like to say something else: I like the new design and interface of the forums! The old one was a bit confusing and took ages to load. Well done!
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moderated system, etiquette

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs