Thread poster: sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 09:54
German to English
Mar 7, 2003

Dear Prozians and Site Managers et al,

We are three who just formed a ProZ team because we believe it is a damn good idea and marketing strategy. However, disappointingly it wasn\'t until after putting it all together that it was realized that the whole action was meant just for bidding purposes. I was hoping for more exposure (as I rarely ever bid for jobs but have gotten contacted through my profile).

I\'d like to see a way for potential clients/agencies with a p
... See more
Dear Prozians and Site Managers et al,

We are three who just formed a ProZ team because we believe it is a damn good idea and marketing strategy. However, disappointingly it wasn\'t until after putting it all together that it was realized that the whole action was meant just for bidding purposes. I was hoping for more exposure (as I rarely ever bid for jobs but have gotten contacted through my profile).

I\'d like to see a way for potential clients/agencies with a project to search through teams by language/country/expertise as is done for individual freelancers and agencies.

Or should we have just declared ourselves an agency even though we aren\'t and gone that route?

Or am I being too hasty? Perhaps it is in the plans to build on the idea...?

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-08 20:38]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 18:35]
Collapse

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
A team profile page, perhaps? Mar 7, 2003

As a matter of fact, I also set up two teams (and a half, an unfinished process for the time being) and I also found out there was not much room for play: for real teamwork, we would need sizeable jobs (the ones available we can do on our own and it is simpler to do it on a stand-alone basis).

But if, similar to the personal profiles, team profile pages would be feasible, with some interaction made possible for would-be clients (guest-book or queries), it could be a beginnin
... See more
As a matter of fact, I also set up two teams (and a half, an unfinished process for the time being) and I also found out there was not much room for play: for real teamwork, we would need sizeable jobs (the ones available we can do on our own and it is simpler to do it on a stand-alone basis).

But if, similar to the personal profiles, team profile pages would be feasible, with some interaction made possible for would-be clients (guest-book or queries), it could be a beginning, couldn\'t it?
Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
good idea! Mar 7, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-07 15:54, sbe wrote:

... similar to the personal profiles, team profile pages would be feasible, with some interaction made possible for would-be clients (guest-book or queries), it could be a beginning, couldn\'t it?

Yes, what a good idea! And maybe some attention could be given to the look of the team page. The way it looks now (orange, yuck!) is, well, unattract... See more
Quote:

On 2003-03-07 15:54, sbe wrote:

... similar to the personal profiles, team profile pages would be feasible, with some interaction made possible for would-be clients (guest-book or queries), it could be a beginning, couldn\'t it?

Yes, what a good idea! And maybe some attention could be given to the look of the team page. The way it looks now (orange, yuck!) is, well, unattractive. ▲ Collapse

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great idea! Mar 7, 2003

I am also a bit disappointed to find that teams cannot be directly searched through the site. The idea of having group profile pages sounds great.

I expect someone will say this costs extra money because it needs further resources

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:54
Italian to English
+ ...
Actually, I think the information is already there... Mar 7, 2003

There probably just needs to be a way to search for teams. If you click on your team link from your own profile page, you\'ll notice that there already is a team profile page of sorts (it has a number associated to the team, just as each translator has a number). I would think all that would really be needed would be to add \"team\" search functionality to the main \"Pros and Agencies\" page.

R.

==

Quote:

... See more
There probably just needs to be a way to search for teams. If you click on your team link from your own profile page, you\'ll notice that there already is a team profile page of sorts (it has a number associated to the team, just as each translator has a number). I would think all that would really be needed would be to add \"team\" search functionality to the main \"Pros and Agencies\" page.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-03-07 19:40, Patricia P wrote:

I am also a bit disappointed to find that teams cannot be directly searched through the site. The idea of having group profile pages sounds great.

I expect someone will say this costs extra money because it needs further resources

Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:54
Flemish to English
+ ...
Geared to the needs of individual translators. Mar 7, 2003

Proz and other translator websites are more tuned to the individual translator bidding for (subcontracted)jobs than the needs of bidding as a team. What would you do will Kudoz (teamwork at the highest level) for instance. Add up the number of points earned.

Many translators take a too individualistic standpoints: cit.: \"I would never subcontract a technical translation for revision by an engineer\", \"I\"only translate what \"I\" (not we) understand, \"I\" this and \"I\" that... Just
... See more
Proz and other translator websites are more tuned to the individual translator bidding for (subcontracted)jobs than the needs of bidding as a team. What would you do will Kudoz (teamwork at the highest level) for instance. Add up the number of points earned.

Many translators take a too individualistic standpoints: cit.: \"I would never subcontract a technical translation for revision by an engineer\", \"I\"only translate what \"I\" (not we) understand, \"I\" this and \"I\" that... Just read through the forums. Apparently some people are changing their minds, so will the system adapt?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create team profiles (D)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »