Poll Search
Thread poster: Crystal Samples

Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:36
French to English
+ ...
Jan 17, 2008

I know we have a "Forum Search" for the forums. How about a "Poll Search" for the polls? I think this will help to see if there is already been a poll on a certain subject before we go and suggest it.

Best Regards,
Crystal

Direct link Reply with quote

Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
German to English
You can see the past polls Jan 18, 2008

Hi,

When you click on "Quick Polls" under the "Community" tab at the top of the home page, a list of all the previous polls appears.

I suppose a poll search feature as you have suggested might be faster.

Best regards,
Niraja

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:36
Italian to English
+ ...
Agree Jan 18, 2008

There are now too many past polls (currently 39 pages of them, and 16 pages of dicussions) to be able to check them all in a reasonable time. A poll search feature would be useful.

[Edited at 2008-01-18 08:00]

ICL  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also agree Jan 18, 2008

Hi Crystal,

I think this has been suggested already (I am not 100% sure, but I somehow remember something similar posted in the forums).

I can think of at least 2 possibilities:

1) Make a separate search tool within the poll area.

2) Include a poll checkbox option in the general search field that appears on the right top corner of the home page:

Let's hope this time the Proz.com technical team/management takes it seriously into account.

Best,

Ivette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll Search

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs