Mobile menu

ProZ site staff comments could be more conspicuous (in the Blue Board)?
Thread poster: Claire Cox

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
French to English
+ ...
Jan 21, 2008

Carrying on from a recent thread about Blue Board entries:

I posted the following remark:

"So what if... Jan 18

Taking this further, I wanted to post a query about an outsourcer on the Blue Board recently and wasn't sure how to go about it either. I'd received a request to do a trial translation for this agency and although it has a good score on the Blue Board and mainly good comments, apart from the latest about poor payment practices, I noticed (having agreed to do the trial!) that there was a (not very obvious) notice at the top of the page saying that the agency in question had been banned from posting jobs on I should love to know why as that may influence whether I proceed with this test. Is there any way I can find out? I feel as though I've only got half the story!"

The forum moderator kindly alerted me to the Proz termination policy and I have also contacted some of the people who gave poor marks and received their views. I have since turned down the sample translation, but what concerns me is that I nearly missed the site staff notice at the top in the first place. I'm so used to switching to the Blue Board and looking at people's comments and rankings, that my eyes simply didn't pick up this tiny print at the top of the page when I first looked. Admittedly, the uppermost comment was a 3, so I would probably have contacted the poster anyway, but as the agency's overall ranking was still given as 4.6, I may just have gone ahead anyway.

Would it be possible to make these site staff warnings more conspicuous - i.e. larger font, red text, luminous yellow background?!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-21 17:23]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 16:51
Good suggestion Jan 21, 2008

Hello Claire,

Thank you for the suggestion, you make a very good point. I will ask one of our developers to make these notices a little more eye-catching than they currently are.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ site staff comments could be more conspicuous (in the Blue Board)?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs