Mobile menu

KudoZ - date and time next to agree/disagree/neutral (T)
Thread poster: Antje Schadebrodt
Antje Schadebrodt  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:10
French to German
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

Hello,

Would it be possible to show the date and time next to the agree/disagree/neutral? Sometimes there are additions made to the original answer and it would be interesting to know if the rating was given before or after that.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Best regards,

Antje

[ This Message was edited by: AntjeSch on 2003-03-17 20:06]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 18:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Good suggestion Mar 17, 2003

Hi Antje,

I have taken the liberty of forwarding your suggestion to the moderators\' list. (Sorry, that\'s not an indication regarding implementation, I\'m afraid...)

Best regards, Ralf

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Excellent! Mar 17, 2003

Yes, Antje, that\'s a great idea. We were waiting for this good one for a long time. So many people do add their comments after the grade has been handed out.

Kind regards,

Gayle

Anila Mayhew  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:10
English to Albanian
+ ...
Is it possible? Mar 17, 2003

Is it possible to may be also not allow someone at all to give agrees/disagrees/neutrals after the question has been graded?

I think some regular members want to get as many Browniz points as possible so this is one easy way to do it. We all know they need Browniz points for bidding.

I have had e few situations when I have received an email saying so and so has agreed with you for an aswer I had given weeks may be even months ago. I have also noticed members whose native language is Chinese, etc. come and agree with an Albanian answer.

Anila

[ This Message was edited by: Mayhew on 2003-03-17 20:10]

Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:10
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree - 5:43 pm Argentina Mar 17, 2003

It\'d be great!

Andrea

Serge L
French to Dutch
+ ...
I got a rather late one today! Mar 17, 2003

Today I received an agree on what must have been one of the first questions I answered on ProZ. I can\'t find the question anymore, as I have already deleted and emptied the message, but it was a question posted in August 2001... Maybe the asker has already sent his translation by now ;o)

Regards,

Serge L.

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
date/time stamp for agrees and answer selected Mar 18, 2003

I think it would also be a good idea to have a date/time stamp recording the time the answer was selected by the asker (sometimes a correct answer comes in just a bit too late, after an answer has already been selected)

Roberta

AmiHH  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to English
Just provide a time/date stamp for agrees/disagrees/neutral Mar 18, 2003

I think it would be handy to know when members agree to an answer (before or after an additional note or pre- or post-grading). However, I do not think that it would be wise or necessary to prevent members from agreeing AFTER the question has been answered. Sometimes it is clear that the incorrect answer has been chosen, and the extra agrees to answers not chosen and disagrees to those selected will help the user searching the glossary later know that the answer selected might not have been the best choice.

Sure, there are brownie-hungry users, but there are also users who are generally interested in making sure the correct answers are chosen and the glossary is as accurate as it can be.

George Hopkins
Swedish to English
Good idea Mar 18, 2003

Sometimes the asker snaps up an answer perhaps a little too quickly.

In my opinion, getting Kudos is of little or no importance, getting the right answer to a question is often essential. Not least if the answer is entered into a glossary for future use!

Edi  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
Nothing wrong with agreeing/disagreeing after grading Mar 18, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 08:43, AmiHH wrote:

... I do not think that it would be wise or necessary to prevent members from agreeing AFTER the question has been answered. Sometimes it is clear that the incorrect answer has been chosen, and the extra agrees to answers not chosen and disagrees to those selected will help the user searching the glossary later know that the answer selected might not have been the best choice.

Totally agree. I do not check KudoZ questions every day and sometimes askers close their questions right away and even more, sometimes askers give the points to the wrong answer. An extra agree/disagree (even post-grading) will help future users to decide which one is the right answer and which answer should show on the glossary.

[ This Message was edited by: Edi on 2003-03-18 18:32]

Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:10
Italian to English
+ ...
post-graded agrees... Mar 18, 2003

I also think it\'s a good idea to continue to allow for post-graded agrees/disagrees. I don\'t really think a time-stamp is all that helpful... just a simple \"post-graded\" would do, much like post-graded comments are notated.

R.

==

Anila Mayhew  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:10
English to Albanian
+ ...
Excellent idea Mar 18, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 18:15, Rick Henry wrote:

I also think it\'s a good idea to continue to allow for post-graded agrees/disagrees. I don\'t really think a time-stamp is all that helpful... just a simple \"post-graded\" would do, much like post-graded comments are notated.

R.

==

I think this is a great idea.

Anila

lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
post-graded agree/disagree Apr 1, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-18 18:15, Rick Henry wrote:

Yes, we would be able to comment on the chosen answer.

Lien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ - date and time next to agree/disagree/neutral (T)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs