2008 International Conference?
Thread poster: Russell Jones

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:22
Member (2004)
Italian to English
Jan 24, 2008

Nine months after the success of Budapest, there seem to be no suggestions yet of a Conference this year.
Perhaps staff or moderators could tell us whether anything is happening behind the scenes or, if not, advertise for volunteer organisers.
It would be a great shame to lose the momentum established in recent years.
Sorry if this is not the ideal forum for conference issues but I couldn't find one more relevant.

Direct link Reply with quote
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:22
We've had discussions but have not fixed plans yet Jan 24, 2008

Thanks for bringing this up!

Rebekka had a location and organizer in mind for this year's international event, but I have to pick up the discussions where she left off. In the meantime, local events have just been announced in Uruguay and Poland - see There are likely to be a few more of these...

And we are always open to additional suggestions on local events, particularly from people passionate / crazy enough to organize them.

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:22
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Rebekka is not in charge of organizing the conferences any longer? Jan 25, 2008

I am not sure I understood properly what Henry said and forgive me if I am too curious but I somehow assumed Rebekka was in charge of organizing the conferences and, as it looks like now, Henry is to take over this issue. Am I correct? What happened? (I know it's none of my business - just pure woman's curiousity...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2008 International Conference?

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs