Thread poster: Vadim Pogulyaev
Vadim Pogulyaev
Vadim Pogulyaev  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:45
Member (2007)
English to Russian
Feb 7, 2008

I believe this idea was expressed already in some form, but I think it's worthy to repeat it=)
At the moment we have to ask two feedbacks from clients — WWA and project-specific, and that can be quite irritating for an outsourcer. Especially when it involves additional actions, like mining a spam folder, or remembering the password for email, mapped to proz.com account.

My point is that these feedbacks double each other a little bit, i.e. if an outsourcer is willing to give
... See more
I believe this idea was expressed already in some form, but I think it's worthy to repeat it=)
At the moment we have to ask two feedbacks from clients — WWA and project-specific, and that can be quite irritating for an outsourcer. Especially when it involves additional actions, like mining a spam folder, or remembering the password for email, mapped to proz.com account.

My point is that these feedbacks double each other a little bit, i.e. if an outsourcer is willing to give positive project-specific feedback, he won't hesitate to give WWA as well. Why not unite them then? It may look like additional checkbox in project feedback request form, smth like "Derive WWA from project feedback", or "Request WWA as well".

One more thing regarding project feedback, is it possible to generate some kind of quick link, visible to requesting party? So that outsourcer could login, click it, and place their comments? It seems that email notification system doesn't work sometimes...

[Edited at 2008-02-07 15:21]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 22:45
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
" It seems that email notification system doesn't work sometimes" Feb 7, 2008

My experience is that it goes under pretty frequently, then it's strike two and you are out. Plus I have certain doubts about what clients think about it ... it pretty much probable, they think "D*n, I have paid you alright and now you want another pound of flesh from me". Or even more probable:"Hold it, buddy, I have no intention to help you raise your price in the community, you're expensive enough as it is."

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WWA and Project history suggestion

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »