Mobile menu

Subcommunities and \"Resource Centre\"
Thread poster: xxxeurotransl
xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2001

This goes out to Henry (primarily):

Under ProZ V2, it was possible to access individual subcommunities: those pages contained the names of the moderators, resources, etc. Is that still available?

If not, then please bring it back for these reasons:

- to my knowledge, there is no way to specifically locate a moderator. Unless you \"stumble\" across one of them (eg, in the forums) or do a one-by-one search of the ProZ members, it is impossible to know who the moderators are.

- you should establish a \"Resource Centre\" where translators can share, for each subcommunity, useful glossaries and information on dictionaries (I have found, based on some KudoZ questions, that some translators don\'t seem to have even the most standard and basic dictionaries; it would be useful, therefore, to share such information, including ISBN no., etc.). We could also update each other on new editions of existing dictionaries, etc.

I am sure that many of your members would find that highly useful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Telesforo Fernandez
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 26, 2001

Wow, what a good idea! I think Henry should immediately incorporate the facilities that are suggested.\'ressources for the sub-communities\' is a brilliant suggestion.

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 05:42
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 28, 2001

I\'m afraid this is \'old\' news: resources for the SC\'s existed already (well, let\'s say) almost two years ago and will be featured again very soon (I think/hope... Henry?).

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:42
German to Croatian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2001

It is still possible to acces the \"old\" subcommunities of v2. You can do that by clicking on any job posting for the respective SCs, and at the bottom left hand side of the opened page there is a red link to the SC-page. I have tried it myself, so I hope it works for you as well.

Regards,

[addsig]

xxxeurotransl
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jul 9, 2001

Thank you, Vesna-Z, for the tip. Yes, it works. Too bad, though, that the subcommunities are still running under v2.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subcommunities and \"Resource Centre\"

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search