https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/971-uploading_a_pic_for_proz_profile.html

Uploading a pic for ProZ profile
Thread poster: Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2002

I have never been able to upload a picture to my ProZ profile and I have had to ask ProZ guys to do it for me. [Browser incompatibility ?].

Days ago I succeded in deleting the picture I had in my profile and so I thought this time I would be able to upload a new one. Failed again!

I feel terribly guilty to have to ask ProZ staff to do it for me. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 07:21
English to Hebrew
+ ...
What format is your pic in? Jan 4, 2002

If it\'s .jpg or .gif, i don\'t think it can be your browser per se. Netscape and IE can handle these just fine.
[addsig]

Timothy Takemoto
Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 15:21
Japanese to English
+ ...
correct file type, no spaces in file name Jan 5, 2002

1) Make sure that graphic file is a standard one, preferably ending in \".jpg\" or \".gif\"

In order to see the endings of files, the \"file extension\" that comes after the dot, you may have to change the settings of your computer. If you are using Windows there is setting in Explorer\'s \"Tools,\" \"Folder options\" \"display\" windown which tells the computer to display these endings or otherwise.

If the file is not in .jpg or gif format, open the f
... See more
1) Make sure that graphic file is a standard one, preferably ending in \".jpg\" or \".gif\"

In order to see the endings of files, the \"file extension\" that comes after the dot, you may have to change the settings of your computer. If you are using Windows there is setting in Explorer\'s \"Tools,\" \"Folder options\" \"display\" windown which tells the computer to display these endings or otherwise.

If the file is not in .jpg or gif format, open the file with \"paint\" or something and resave it, changing the format.

2) Make sure there are no spaces in the name of your file. Preferably the filename should be in just lowercase letters.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uploading a pic for ProZ profile

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »