Mobile menu

How do I receive payments through ProZ (ProZ wallet link for clients missing?)
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 15:50
German to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2003

So far, I had a symbol on my profile page for ProZ Wallet payments. Now there isn\'t.

How do clients make ProZ payments to a ProZ member?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:50
English to German
+ ...
Function is no longer available Apr 10, 2003

Hi Elvira,

Quote:

So far, I had a symbol on my profile page for ProZ Wallet payments. Now there isn\'t.

Have a look at FAQ 16; this was also discussed in www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=57578#57578 and www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=53816#53816

Quote:

How do clients make ProZ payments to a ProZ member?

Using any of the other alternatives available: bank transfer, cheque, credit card, alternative payment systems (Paypal etc.).

HTH - best regards, Ralf

xxxDm_Ch

Local time: 16:50
English to Russian
Just My Opinion re the Wallet Disappearing Apr 30, 2003

It’s really sad that the Wallet is no longer available.

Dear Henry, I can well understand your emotions in the situation when you had to compensate on your own the misuse of the system, but please let me have a different opinion on this.

To prevent abuse of this service, instead of its withdrawal, why not

A) Increase the security of the Wallet, or

B) Implement a third-party solution?

I had a chance to use the Wallet only once, but I really find it invaluable for payments between colleagues and receiving payments from Western companies by non-Western ones. I think people in the better-off countries largely underestimate the value of this service for translators in disadvantaged parts of the world, where there is no PayPal, no anything.

By the way, with disappearing of the Wallet, I have also lost my 18 bucks: I cannot withdraw it, because this would cost me more than $18, nor can I use it to pay Platinum membership, because I can only $20, $30 or $60 and neither way helps me to actually use this pitiful amount. This is what I have to pay for the misuse mentioned. As well as many others, I guess. But then, this is no concern for me compared to the reasons mentioned above.

And the last thing, I am not happy about is that there has been no notification of the service withdrawal. I have listed this service as a payment option on all my invoices, and was in the process of negotiating with a client of mine to use it as a substitute for cheques (totally unacceptable option for Russian-based, for example, translators).

This is just what I, for one, think.

Dmitri Chursinov

Platinum since April 2002

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I receive payments through ProZ (ProZ wallet link for clients missing?)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs