https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/107518-my_contact_page_does_not_appear_when_googled.html

My contact page does not appear when "googled"!
Thread poster: FIROOZEH FARHANG
FIROOZEH FARHANG
FIROOZEH FARHANG
English to French
+ ...
Jun 10, 2008

Now this is weird!
A couple of my clients had "looked me up" on google and could only see my profile page & my KudoZ page while for almost all other members, one can see their profile page & contact page!

I checked it by googling myself and that's true!

Would you by any chance know how to replace the KudoZ tab by the contact page in the "visitors view" of a profile?
I tried to ask the site's support but no reply (yet)!

Manyyyyyy thanxxxx
F
... See more
Now this is weird!
A couple of my clients had "looked me up" on google and could only see my profile page & my KudoZ page while for almost all other members, one can see their profile page & contact page!

I checked it by googling myself and that's true!

Would you by any chance know how to replace the KudoZ tab by the contact page in the "visitors view" of a profile?
I tried to ask the site's support but no reply (yet)!

Manyyyyyy thanxxxx
FF
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:42
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I can see the tab for your contact page Jun 11, 2008

Hi,

I just clicked on your profile and have no trouble clicking on the tab for your contact page and viewing it.

Αlban SHPΑTΑ
Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Browser Jun 11, 2008

I think it could also depend on the browser you or they are using.

FIROOZEH FARHANG
FIROOZEH FARHANG
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Weird! Jun 11, 2008

Hi,

I actually am trying it and I can only see my profile & kudoz. I don't even see the contact page (under visitors view)!
What bothered me was that my clients didn't see it either. So for now I put a link on the profile page in order to have it point to the contact page.

It's weird because it the reason was the browser, why would I see everyone else's pages correctly and not my own?

Thanks anyway for taking the time ...

FIROOZEH FARHANG
FIROOZEH FARHANG
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Via proz is Ok, google view bugs Jun 11, 2008

Dear Yolanda,

You can see the contact page if you look for my page via PROZ but not if you google me! You see what I mean?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My contact page does not appear when "googled"!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »