Thread poster: Marie-Céline GEORG

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:02
English to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

Hi,
I'm not using the GlossPost search very frequently but usually it works very well. Today I'm trying to find useful glossaries in the automotive field, but I get all kinds of answers although I've specified a detailed field - it doesn't even appear in most results which are related to sailing, medecine, insurance or photography and if I tick the "Strict" box I get exactly the same results. It's the same with a keyword search, most answers don't have anything to do with the keyword!

Is this a bug? I tried with different browsers (Opera & IE) but the results are quite the same.
Should I submit a support ticket? I don't remember seeing that behavior before.

Thanks for your suggestions
Marie-Céline

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:02
SITE STAFF
Can you detail the search criteria you are using in a support request? Jun 27, 2008

Hello Marie-Céline,

Yes, if you can submit a support request detailing the search criteria, or, even better, with a screenshot of the search criteria you are using, this will help in looking into what the problem may be. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:02
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support request submitted Jun 27, 2008

Hi Jared,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I submitted a support request with screenshots.

BR
Marie-Céline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GlossPost search problem

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs