How can I add the Skype icon to my profile?
Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 3, 2008

I can't see Skype in the list of Instant Messengers.
Is this issue permanent or temporal?

Regards,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-08-07 16:09]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:32
SITE STAFF
Skype can be added through your Profile Updater Aug 4, 2008

At the moment Skype is separate from the other IMs. You can add Skype to your profile by going to your Profile Updater, http://www.proz.com/?sp=quick_profile&eid_s= and editing the "Contact information".

Best regards,

Jared

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:32
French to English
+ ...
All users are shown as being off-line Aug 4, 2008

There is another Skype-related issue: all site users appear as being off-line on their profile page. I noticed this a while ago and thought that it might be a temporary problem, but I noticed it again this morning and nothing seems to have changed.

As I recall, we used to see when Proz.com users were connected (green Skype sign with the check mark), but now everyone appears to have the grey off-line logo with an "X" in it.

Can this be fixed?

Best,
Joc
... See more
There is another Skype-related issue: all site users appear as being off-line on their profile page. I noticed this a while ago and thought that it might be a temporary problem, but I noticed it again this morning and nothing seems to have changed.

As I recall, we used to see when Proz.com users were connected (green Skype sign with the check mark), but now everyone appears to have the grey off-line logo with an "X" in it.

Can this be fixed?

Best,
Jocelyne
Collapse

Ali Bayraktar
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 4, 2008

Thank you Jared,

Is everything all right with Skype icon?
Because when I look my profile I saw that MSN, Yahoo, GTalk icons are ok.
But I look at Skype Icon I see this

Is it normal view? Shouldn't it be Green?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Thanks for pointing this out Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Jocelyne and M. Ali for pointing this out. I've referred this to development to have the relation between the Skype icon and your online status fixed.

Best regards,

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
No a technical problem-- a Skype option Aug 4, 2008

I'm back. This is not a technical problem, but rather a setting in your Skype account. To show your Skype status publicly, go to Tools-- Options-- Privacy in your Skype, and select the option to "Allow my status to be shown on the web". That should take care of it. Give this a try and let me know how it works.

Best regards,

Jared

Ali Bayraktar
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Aug 4, 2008

Dear Jared
Thank you and technical staff for everything

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:32
French to English
+ ...
It worked for a while, but... Sep 8, 2008

Dear Jared,

Your suggestions above worked for a while, but I've just noticed that the Skype icon on my profile page is again showing that I'm offline when the icon on my desktop is showing that I'm connected.

I've had another look at my settings and they do "Allow my status to be shown on the web".

Any suggestions?
Best,
Jocelyne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I add the Skype icon to my profile?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »