https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/115157-how_can_i_remove_the_personal_tab_from_my_profile.html

How can I remove the Personal Tab from my profile?
Thread poster: Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 03:12
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

Hello,

I've searched the forums and played around in the profile settings for 2 days but cannot seem to find an answer: How can I hide or remove the Personal Tab from my profile? I'm sure I've seen some members without this tab on their profiles, so I must be missing the obvious.

Thanks for your help,

Nicole

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:12
SITE STAFF
If it the tab is empty, only you will see it Sep 12, 2008

Hello Nicole,

If you haven't added anything to your Personal tab, or have removed its content, it will only be visible to you. You can check this, and also see what visitors to your profile see, by clicking on the "Force visitor view" link at the very top of your profile. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jared

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmm Sep 12, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello Nicole,

If you haven't added anything to your Personal tab, or have removed its content, it will only be visible to you. You can check this, and also see what visitors to your profile see, by clicking on the "Force visitor view" link at the very top of your profile. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jared

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I thought and I did just that, but I could swear that up to this afternoon when I made my forum post I could see an empty 'Personal' tab next to the 'Contact' tab when I forced the visitor view. The 'Visitors' tab, for instance, was not visible but the 'Personal' tab was. I just tried again and funnily enough it is not visible now.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Thanks anyway and have a good weekend,

Nicole

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hold on Sep 12, 2008

Now hold on a second. I just went to my profile again and now I don't get a 'Personal' tab at all anymore all of a sudden, neither in the Owner nor in the Visitor view. Not that that terribly bothers me, I wanted to get rid of it anyway, I just find it very odd that it should disappear after I post about it? Jared?

[Edited at 2008-09-12 18:03]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:12
SITE STAFF
Sorry, my fault! Sep 12, 2008

Hi Nicole,

Sorry about that. I noticed, before posting the first time, that in the field for your Personal tab you had a few empty spaces (no text, just the spaces hitting the space bar a couple of times would leave). I removed those, so that your tab then had no "content" at all. This does cause the tab to disappear from your view as well. My apologies for the misinformation I provided before, and for the confusion. Let me know if I can make anything else disappear mysteriou
... See more
Hi Nicole,

Sorry about that. I noticed, before posting the first time, that in the field for your Personal tab you had a few empty spaces (no text, just the spaces hitting the space bar a couple of times would leave). I removed those, so that your tab then had no "content" at all. This does cause the tab to disappear from your view as well. My apologies for the misinformation I provided before, and for the confusion. Let me know if I can make anything else disappear mysteriously, and have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 12, 2008

Jared wrote:

Let me know if I can make anything else disappear mysteriously

Best regards,

Jared

Just my mortgage!

Thanks again, Jared, all makes sense now.

Again, a great weekend to you as well!

Nicole

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I remove the Personal Tab from my profile?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »