Mobile menu

Adjusting your profile's local time
Thread poster: Marco Indovino
Marco Indovino  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

I have adjusted my local time to GMT+1, since I live in Italy, but it will show one hour earlier (e.g. 18:38 instead of 19:38). Am I missing something or is anyone experiencing the same problem? Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:44
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
In the summertime when the weather is high.... Sep 12, 2008

What time zone is Italy in?
Italy is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does Italy observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
Like most countries in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Italy, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in Italy is shifted back by 1 hour to Central European Time (CET) or (GMT+1)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/italy/

[Edited at 2008-09-12 18:59]

Marco Indovino  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Sep 12, 2008

...Siegfried! I had considered that possibility, but I naively thought that the clock would automatically adjust to the summer time! Anyway, thanks for your reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adjusting your profile's local time

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs