I have no native language?
Thread poster: sivtufte

sivtufte  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 22:56
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sep 28, 2008

I just checked, and applying for a job here, cut me short claiming I had none of he language pairs.

Hu?
Checking my own profile, I most certainly do. Also I am registered a native speaker, as the job requires.

Question now, have I missed out on some spesifics here, since my profile states I am in on all the requirements - and the job claims I'm not? I am quite confused here.
(I know I haven't filled in all on my profile, but I have been offered jobs here before without any problems, and now I've just been busy - so it's taken time.)

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 16:56
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Submit a support ticket. Sep 28, 2008

Hello sivtufte. I don't know the answer to your question, but I know how you can get it. The fastest way to solve this type of problem is to submit a support ticket. Go to the "About" tab at the upper right of the page, and select "Support" from the drop-down menu. They will take you right through the process, and I'm sure the problem will be resolved very quickly.

Good luck, and welcome to ProZ membership!

Norway
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Sep 28, 2008

This was a bit of a surprise - And I guess I'll just have to get my native tounge back! I'll see to it as soon as I can.

And again, thank you!
Without a language I'd be pretty lost in translation

Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
the answer may be Sep 28, 2008

the (bokmal) tag.
It is wise to register just Norwegian as a native language. Most clients have no idea that there are two different languages in this little country, and neither do they care, I suppose. Several people have had problems with this on proz.

Norway
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I amstill amazed. Sep 29, 2008

It never ocurred to me, that this might be a problem. But I'll clear up my spesifics too then.

And again, thanks to you both, for being so helpful
Siv

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have no native language?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs