Mobile menu

Kudoz notifications
Thread poster: Michael and Raimunda Poe

Michael and Raimunda Poe  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 26, 2008

Ok, I did not change any of my settings, but all of a sudden I am getting kudoz notifications when someone asks a question, quickly filling my email box! I don´t want this so I checked my notifications have not changed, can anyone help me so I don´t keep getting tons of these emails.

Direct link Reply with quote

Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:03
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I had the same this morning!! Nov 26, 2008

Hi, I almost died too this morning! My e-mail suddenly, was getting full of dozens of Kudoz emails! I hadn't changed anything either, it was so strange...!

Do this quickly:

1. Go to My tab.
2. Click on My Notifications.
3. On the left margin you will see: Are your job and KudoZ notification settings correct? Check your notification settings -> Click on it.
4. The part of Notifications for General Preferences should have OFF checked.
5. The part of Notifications for Pair-specific Preferences should have NONE checked.

You will discover only there, that all of a sudden everything changed to ON and ALL, respectively.

Hope it helped!

Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here! Nov 26, 2008

This also happened to me...

Suddenly, my mailbox was flooded by a deluge of unsolicited Kudoz questions.
I already managed to switch this off (go to the bottom of the mail where it says "change preferences" or "cancel notifications", and they should stop.

Only problem here, is that I am abroad, and the mailbox flooded was my Blackberry. So now I have to see what the roaming charges will be...

I can only say that I am DEFINITELY not a happy camper.

Proz, please, no more surprises of this kind!!!

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:03
Partial member
+ ...
Me too Nov 26, 2008

...had to disable my KudoZ notifications, even though I never enabled them.

Michał Szcześniewski  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:03
English to Polish
+ ...
Same here Nov 26, 2008

I was surprised to see KudoZ notifications in my inbox yesterday.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:03
KudoZ dashboard settings activated by error Nov 26, 2008

Hello all,

Unfortunately there has been a technical problem, and members in certain language pairs who did not previously have KudoZ notifications activated may notice their KudoZ dashboard settings turned to "on". My apologies for the inconvenience and the extra email this may have caused you.

Cristina has detailed one way of de-activating these notifications in your dashboard (thanks Cristina!), and I would just like to show another. From your profile, under the Settings tab, you will see your KudoZ dashboard:

To deactivate all notifications, just select the Off option under General preferences. More settings for specific language pairs can be found under the Pair-specific preferences section of the dashboard.

Once again, sorry for this unexpected trouble. If you need further help with your dashboard settings, please do not hesitate to contact staff via support request.

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz notifications

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs