Mobile menu

How do I configure my proz domains in gmail?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:53
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2008

Hi

I would like to receive all the incoming emails sent to the email addresses I've got from proz (e.g. myaccount1@myowndomain.com; myaccount2@myowndomain.com) in my gmail account (which is mybeautifulname@gmail.com).

Could someone give me a detailed-step by step- info to do that? I will appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Clarisa

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrew
United States
English
You can add a forwarder for each account Dec 23, 2008

Hi Clarisa,

This can be achieved through the use of forwarders.

In your control panel, click the Mail icon on the main screen. Click "Fowarders" on the mail menu. Finally, click "[Add Forwarder]" on the next page.

Use the resulting form to enter a forwarder for each account ( Note that you only need to enter the prefixes. eg: myaccount1, myaccount2, etc.) to be sent to your Gmail account. Be sure to enter the full Gmail account address in the destination box.

Once this is done you can use Gmail's web interface to further organize your messages based on the recipient address if you so desire.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Andrew

Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, I managed to find that information Dec 23, 2008

It was where it should be: at SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > Get mail from other accounts

I'm very sorry I bothered you. All the needed info was where it should be. My mistake!

Merry Christmas!

[Edited at 2008-12-23 17:10 GMT]

Andrew
United States
English
Gmail's fetching system not recommended Dec 23, 2008

Dear Clarisa,

While Gmails ability to log into your existing accounts is handy, it doesn't resolve the issues of managing your accounts locally also. This way you'd need to take care of both your gmail account and each of the local accounts. Essentially, you'd receive each message twice. Once locally and then again when gmail connects to retrieve the messages.

By using forwarders instead, you no longer have to manage the accounts via your control panel. Your messages are simply delivered straight to Gmail in a single transaction.

Best regards,
Andrew

Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! So there are two methods, aren't they? Dec 23, 2008

The first one, using the forwarders from my own account, or the second one, using the gmail settings.

You are great, Andrew! As usual!

Many thanks!

Clarisa

Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm using your suggestion,Andrew! And it works! Dec 23, 2008

Great! Thanks!

Clarisa (with a big smile!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I configure my proz domains in gmail?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs