https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/12570-strange_characters_in_kudoz.html

Strange characters in KudoZ
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:59
Czech to German
+ ...
Jul 12, 2003

ÅÌÇÈÉ(ÃÎÊíÑÊ ãä ØÑÝ ÇáÓÇÆá

This is all I get (and the like) when looking at KudoZ-questions - what happened? At first I thought it could be connected with wrong encoding in my browser but changing it did not solve the problem, it only changed the appearance to some other strange sight.
What can I do about this? Did others encounter the same phenomenon? Thanks for any advice!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Specific question? Jul 12, 2003

Hi Charlotte,
Does this only occur with (a) specific question(s), or with ever question?

If it's specific, can you please provide an example (URL)?

Thanks, Ralf

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
always wrong - with different look Jul 12, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Charlotte,
Does this only occur with (a) specific question(s), or with ever question?

If it's specific, can you please provide an example (URL)?

Thanks, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

no, it's the same with every question. I changed the encoding from Western-ISO to Western-Windows and Unicode and Auto-Detect but nothing seems to change it to the correct view. One other strange thing is that I get this only with KudoZ, throughout the rest of the site everything else is OK.
It could not be my Mozilla-browser, could it? As I don't like all those security-problems connected with IE I switched over to Mozilla and deleted IE.
I know what's written in those KudoZ-sentences ("Asker", "No answer has been given yet" etc.) so it is not as bad as that but it's a bit uncomfortable

Charlotte

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Same here Jul 13, 2003

Hi Ralf:

I've had the same problem for ages. It's not confined to any particular question. When attempting to answer a KudoZ question, the text reads:

ÅÞÊÑÍ ÅÌÇÈÉ
- ÅÎÊÑ ÝÇÆÒÇ ÇáÓÇÆá ÝÞØ

ÇáÃÌæÈÉ ÇáãÞÊÑÍÉ

Nothing "life-threatening", but it'd be nice to see it in a language I understand.

Many thanks if something can be done.

Saludos,
Andy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange characters in KudoZ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »