Chiara Santoriello
Chiara Santoriello  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:51
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2002

Is there anyone who can explain me how the automatic e-mail works?

This morning I replied to a ProZ.com job offer. I posted my job offer on the site and I also sent my CV directly to the outsourcer\'s e-mail address.

The problem is that I received an e-mail from the outsourcer in which I was thanked for sending my CV and they also told me that they will contact me.

Half an hour later, I received an automatic e-mail message from ProZ
... See more
Is there anyone who can explain me how the automatic e-mail works?

This morning I replied to a ProZ.com job offer. I posted my job offer on the site and I also sent my CV directly to the outsourcer\'s e-mail address.

The problem is that I received an e-mail from the outsourcer in which I was thanked for sending my CV and they also told me that they will contact me.

Half an hour later, I received an automatic e-mail message from ProZ.com telling me that the outsourcer selected another bidder.

What\'s wrong with it? I think that this method it\'s really confusing.

Can I have an explanation please?

Thank you very much.

Chiara
Collapse

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
e-mails Jan 31, 2002

I believe the outsourcer just has to click the field \"Decline this offer\", and you get an automatic e-mail saying someone else was chosen.

I may have declined all the offers and contact you and others later. Is the job off the list?

The outsourcer must be sort of interested, because most of the time, you hear absolutely nothing.

Just wait a bit.

Chiara Santoriello
Chiara Santoriello  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
automatic e-mails... Jan 31, 2002

I\'ve been contacted by the outsourcer and they told me that they haven\'t noticed that I was the same person who sent the CV.

Everything is clear now.

Chiara

Peter Erfurt
Peter Erfurt  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Non-answered bids Feb 1, 2002

:Most of the time you hear nothing from the outsourcer....

Yes, true - and this is the most unpolite and unprofessional behaviour, which - in my book at least - tells the story of how the outsourcer rates freelance translators.

After all you, as a freelancer, spend time answering the bid, calculating a rate, find the CV, fill out the form and makes yourself available to further questions etc. All to absolutely no avail. Some times you feel, that you cou
... See more
:Most of the time you hear nothing from the outsourcer....

Yes, true - and this is the most unpolite and unprofessional behaviour, which - in my book at least - tells the story of how the outsourcer rates freelance translators.

After all you, as a freelancer, spend time answering the bid, calculating a rate, find the CV, fill out the form and makes yourself available to further questions etc. All to absolutely no avail. Some times you feel, that you could as well have sent a bid to a \"black hole\" in the universe.

The LEAST thing an outsourcer could do was to decline the bid as a kind of confirmation, that your bid had actually been reviewed. I simply don\'t believe that agencys are THAT busy.

Another thing is, that the more no-replies one experiences, the more sloppy one gets with the desciptive text, shortening it, omitting past experiences etc. - which in the harms the outsourcers interest, unless he is going stricktly for the absolute lowest bid.

How do you guys feel about the no-response issue?

Would it be an idea, if ProZ altered the outsourcing pages, so that it was mandatory, that the outsourcer sent a \"You didn\'t get project XXX\" email to non-winning bidders?

This would be an easy thing to program - requires just one button \"Send email to non-winners\" - point is, that the outsourcer should not be able to close a project and select a winner, unless this button has been activated. This way we could all move happily along....

Have a nice day....

Peter

TransWizards

Denmark
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic e-mails to ProZ.com bidders

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »