Thread poster: Laura Gentili

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:38
Partial member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2003

I receive the e-mails with job offers with a delay of approx. 30 minutes. Sometimes this is enough to lose the job. I had this experience just 5 minutes ago. I received a notification about project I was interested in, immediately completed the bid form online, just to read that the job posting had been already closed. It is not a single case, it happened to me several times to see a job on ProZ site and to receive the notification much later. Is there a corrective measure for this?
TIA,
Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

Jason Grimes
Local time: 21:38
SITE STAFF
Please forward message to support Aug 6, 2003

Laura,

Please forward one of your late messages, with the complete headers, to support@proz.com. That will help me to determine the cause of the delay.

Regards,

jg

katstan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:38
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Delay Nov 3, 2003

This has happened to me a lot of times.

Due to bank charges, I paid the Platimum upgrade before June and the payment still has not arrived in full. But for the open jobs - I am often working on the computer and see the messege from ProZ over MSN Messenger and when I go to the message immediatly, the job has already been closed.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:38
English to German
+ ...
Support Request Nov 3, 2003

Hi Katharina,
This has happened to me a lot of times.

Have you submitted a support request?

Due to bank charges, I paid the Platimum upgrade before June and the payment still has not arrived in full.

I don't get this - benk charges for intra-EU payments in euros went down as from 1 July...?

But for the open jobs - I am often working on the computer and see the messege from ProZ over MSN Messenger and when I go to the message immediatly, the job has already been closed.

MSN Messenger? Job notifications come in by e-mail - have you checked the mail settings in your profile?

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delay in receiving e-mails with job offers

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs