Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:24
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2003

I receive the e-mails with job offers with a delay of approx. 30 minutes. Sometimes this is enough to lose the job. I had this experience just 5 minutes ago. I received a notification about project I was interested in, immediately completed the bid form online, just to read that the job posting had been already closed. It is not a single case, it happened to me several times to see a job on ProZ site and to receive the notification much later. Is there a corrective measure for this?
TIA,... See more
I receive the e-mails with job offers with a delay of approx. 30 minutes. Sometimes this is enough to lose the job. I had this experience just 5 minutes ago. I received a notification about project I was interested in, immediately completed the bid form online, just to read that the job posting had been already closed. It is not a single case, it happened to me several times to see a job on ProZ site and to receive the notification much later. Is there a corrective measure for this?
TIA,
Laura
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 02:24
SITE STAFF
Please forward message to support Aug 6, 2003

Laura,

Please forward one of your late messages, with the complete headers, to [email protected]. That will help me to determine the cause of the delay.

Regards,

jg

katstan
katstan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
Delay Nov 3, 2003

This has happened to me a lot of times.

Due to bank charges, I paid the Platimum upgrade before June and the payment still has not arrived in full. But for the open jobs - I am often working on the computer and see the messege from ProZ over MSN Messenger and when I go to the message immediatly, the job has already been closed.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:24
English to German
+ ...
Support Request Nov 3, 2003

Hi Katharina,
This has happened to me a lot of times.

Have you submitted a support request?

Due to bank charges, I paid the Platimum upgrade before June and the payment still has not arrived in full.

I don't get this - benk charges for intra-EU payments in euros went down as from 1 July...?

But for the open jobs - I am often working on the computer and see the messege from ProZ over MSN Messenger and when I go to the message immediatly, the job has already been closed.

MSN Messenger? Job notifications come in by e-mail - have you checked the mail settings in your profile?

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delay in receiving e-mails with job offers

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »