Mac : Mail stuck
Thread poster: Odette Grille

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:53
English to French
+ ...
Aug 10, 2003

The wheel spins without stopping and my maibox remains on the send BAL.
Seems like a virus. I have to use force quit. Problems remains even after shutting computer a few hours. Can't use my mail anymore. Has any Mac user out there any idea what I should try ? Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
English to German
+ ...
Different forum - more details perhaps? Aug 10, 2003

Hi Odette,
I'm not a Mac user - my apologies if I raise an obvious point: wouldn't it be helpful to identify which mail program you're using (plus the version of the MaC OS your machine is running on).

Also, please note that this forum is designed for technical issues related to ProZ.com - you might get better results by posting this in the "General Tech Support" forum.

Best regards, Ralf

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:53
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf. I use OSX jaguar Mail 1.2.5 v552 Aug 10, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Odette,
I'm not a Mac user - my apologies if I raise an obvious point: wouldn't it be helpful to identify which mail program you're using (plus the version of the MaC OS your machine is running on).

Also, please note that this forum is designed for technical issues related to ProZ.com - you might get better results by posting this in the "General Tech Support" forum.

Best regards, Ralf

Well, sorry I used the wrong tech support. I bypassed the problem by going to a site and using the mail reply, which automatically opened a new message window. The trick worked, but, for example, your message arrived as sent by my accountant (?!!!)

May be this posting can be transferred to gen. tech ? I still don't know what happened though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac : Mail stuck

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs