Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:51
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I like them Apr 15, 2009

I like the changes. Indeed, I'd support still more changes and implementations.

For instance, the Kudoz buttons are text. I'd love more graphical buttons with floating text when focused on those buttons.

Elin Davies
Elin Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Welsh
+ ...
Loged in box at the top Apr 15, 2009

My only issue is with the little box at the top of the page once logged in (a little to the right, with my name, availability, points etc). Once I've hovered over any links in there, a box comes up each time I go near it, but the box doesn't include a link to my messages, and I can't click on the little envelope in the original box as the new one covers it. No matter how much I try and sneak up on this area without going near the links, the box pops up. Drives me wild every time! The only button... See more
My only issue is with the little box at the top of the page once logged in (a little to the right, with my name, availability, points etc). Once I've hovered over any links in there, a box comes up each time I go near it, but the box doesn't include a link to my messages, and I can't click on the little envelope in the original box as the new one covers it. No matter how much I try and sneak up on this area without going near the links, the box pops up. Drives me wild every time! The only button I'm ever likely to use here is the little envelope and I can't get to it.Collapse

Aniello Scognamiglio (X)
Aniello Scognamiglio (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:51
English to German
+ ...
What is the red P for? Apr 15, 2009

I am logged in. I wonder why the red P is displayed to me. It is not even clickable.
In my opinion, it is not necessary to remind members of their P status every time they log in to the system.

I appreciate any improvement.
Thanks a lot!

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:51
French to English
+ ...
Issue mousing over "Home" menu item Apr 15, 2009

Hi Manuela,

Thanks for posting. I haven't been able to recreate the issue you are having with the home menu item on any of my test environments. Does it happen on every page? What browser and operating system are you using? Thanks for your help.

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Issue with the "My ProZ.com" menu Apr 15, 2009

Hi Jack, Lucia,

Thanks for posting. You're absolutely right about the "My ProZ.com" menu. This will be one of my next projects.

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Can't replicate user info dropdown issue Apr 15, 2009

Hi Elin,

Thanks for posting. I can't seem to replicate this issue on any of my test environments. Can you tell me what browser and operating system you are using? Thanks for your help.

As a short term solution, I'll add a link to your inbox in the dropdown.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:51
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Please put the menubar back to the right side Apr 15, 2009

The only thing that really bothers me about the new layout is that the top menu bar is on the left side. This is counterproductive, as the scroll-bar is on the right side. I use the ProZ website quite a lot, and on almost every page (Forums, KudoZ) I have to use the scrollbar extensively (this is not a problem, just a fact). So, my mouse cursor is usually somewhere on the right side of the screen, and now I have to move it all over to the left side on top to navigate to a different area. It is n... See more
The only thing that really bothers me about the new layout is that the top menu bar is on the left side. This is counterproductive, as the scroll-bar is on the right side. I use the ProZ website quite a lot, and on almost every page (Forums, KudoZ) I have to use the scrollbar extensively (this is not a problem, just a fact). So, my mouse cursor is usually somewhere on the right side of the screen, and now I have to move it all over to the left side on top to navigate to a different area. It is not a matter of getting used to it, the distance is quite different. (I have a wide-screen format monitor, which is quite common these days.)
Please restore the right-side alignment for the menu bar.
Thanks
Katalin
Collapse

Elin Davies
Elin Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Welsh
+ ...
Firefox 2 Portable Apr 15, 2009

Hi Colin

I use Firefox portable (so that I can move from one computer to another keeping my bookmarks and tabs). On some pages it's fine (on this page all the links are in one row along the top), but on others, such as the home page, the items aren't in a row, and once the pop up box pops up, I can't get to the second layer. Not the end of the world, as I rarely use this menu, but the pop up box really annoys me for some reason.

Elin

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Menu back on the right Apr 15, 2009

Hi All,

Again, thanks for posting your feedback. I understand the reasoning for wanting the menu aligned to the right, so I have repositioned it to the right side.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thanks for putting the menu back tot he right side Apr 15, 2009

Colin wrote:

Hi All,

Again, thanks for posting your feedback. I understand the reasoning for wanting the menu aligned to the right, so I have repositioned it to the right side.

Thanks, Colin.
(My wrist thanks you, too.)

Katalin

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
One more request about the Community menu Apr 15, 2009

I usually use the Community menu to navigate to the forum postings.
I select "Forums" (the first option), and this page comes up:
http://www.proz.com/forum

On this page, the left side menu is set to the "Translation Art and Business" category by default, so essentially the same page is di
... See more
I usually use the Community menu to navigate to the forum postings.
I select "Forums" (the first option), and this page comes up:

On this page, the left side menu is set to the "Translation Art and Business" category by default, so essentially the same page is displayed as this URL:
http://www.proz.com/forum/categories/translation_art_business-translation.html

I am not sure why this category is singled out as the default.

I think it would make sense to change the default setting to the "Most Recent Posts" category, at least that's where I go first, and it takes an extra click to do that.

Would it be possible to modify the settings, so the Community->Forums selection would bring up the "Most Recent Posts" page instead of the "Translation Art and Business"?
In other words,
would be the same as
http://www.proz.com/forum/categories/recent-recent.html

Thanks
Katalin
Collapse

Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
German to English
Thanks Apr 16, 2009

I love the new layout. It's much cleaner and more user-friendly. Thanks for improving the site!
Now just keep it that way for a while and quit fiddling with it!

[Edited at 2009-04-16 04:13 GMT]

Dra Molnar
Dra Molnar  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Great! The menu is again aligned to the right! Apr 16, 2009

I have just noticed that you have put the menu back to the right side...thank you Colin!
And just as Katalin said:

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

(My wrist thanks you, too.)

Best regards, Dragana

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Profil key data Apr 24, 2009

Is there a possibility to switch the personal profile data from the top of the page to the left side, as with the old design?
If not, how can I connect to the old (unsupported) design? (I switched to the new design by mistake.)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New layout for the ProZ.com site menu?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »