Thread poster: Terry Burgess

Terry Burgess  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2003

Hello All!

For some reason, unknown to me, upon posting answers to certain questions in the Eng>Spa pair, all the Spanish characters [´¡ ¿ ñ] become converted into what appear to be "oriental" characters [forgive my ignorance but I wouldn't know whether it was Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or what!:-)].

In the recent past, this had only happened a couple of times but today, it's already happened twice in a short space of time. I wonder if it might not also be happening in other language pairs or if it's only in the case of Spanish?

Today I discovered that a temporary solution is to repeat one's answer --- but eliminating all Spanish characters....though it is a bit irritating to have to repeat an answer, particularly when a lengthy explanation is part of that answer.

Hopefully, Henry can solve this wee irksome glitch:-)

Regards.
Terry

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Curious [unsolicited] Conversion of Spanish Characters to Oriental Ones

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs