Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:56
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 30, 2003

Hi,

Lately I've been receiving pop-up windows while navigating on ProZ. One of them is "Buy legal Marijuana Alternatives On the Web Here!".
I have to say that this doesn't happen when navigating outside ProZ.
Is this happening to you too?

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Dan Aug 30, 2003

I haven't noticed it with ProZ, but when my msn is ON, I have all kind of pop up windows.

When I leave for sometime I close all the Internet windows and leave just msn marking "absent". When I come back I have plenty of pop up windows. You can do a test.

[Edited at 2003-08-30 13:22]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 18:56
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com does not do pop-up advertising Aug 30, 2003

Dan,

Those pop-ups are not coming from ProZ.com. You are likely infected with one or more "adware" or "spyware" programs that shows you pop-up ads while you browse the web. One adware removal tool I've used with success is Ad-aware; a free download is available here:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Hope this helps.

-jg

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:56
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Aug 31, 2003

It seems that I got rid of it thanks to your advice. Thanks a lot.

Jason Grimes wrote:

Dan,

Those pop-ups are not coming from ProZ.com. You are likely infected with one or more "adware" or "spyware" programs that shows you pop-up ads while you browse the web. One adware removal tool I've used with success is Ad-aware; a free download is available here:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Hope this helps.

-jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting annoying pop-ups on ProZ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »