I have not received any emails from ProZ in two days
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 18:22
German to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 30, 2003

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I have received no emails from ProZ in the last two days.

[Edited at 2003-09-02 09:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

VMTTRADUCE  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Same problem!!! Sep 1, 2003

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I have received no emails from ProZ in the last two days.

I am Valeria (TafTrad Proz username) and I'm having the same problem!! I'm at the third day at present!
What's happening??

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What seems to have happened in my case Sep 2, 2003

I don't know how it happened, but after checking my email settings it seems that somehow my email address was changed to an email address I have used on ProZ about three years ago. I have now changed it back to my regular address and things seem to be ok.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Your email may have bounced Sep 4, 2003

Hi Elvira,
I don't know how it happened, but after checking my email settings it seems that somehow my email address was changed to an email address I have used on ProZ about three years ago. I have now changed it back to my regular address and things seem to be ok.

This usually happens when your primary email address "bounces", i.e. if several emails are returned with an error message. I presume you had the older address as a secondary address in your profile. If the primary address bounces, your secondary address is used instead.

Best regards, Ralf

Jason Grimes
Local time: 12:22
SITE STAFF
Mail to your accounts was refused by your ISPs Sep 4, 2003

Ralf is correct. Elvira, email sent to your primary email address was refused by your ISP several times on August 29; Tamara, your primary address bounced on August 27. Your secondary email addresses were consequently promoted. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have not received any emails from ProZ in two days

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs