Thread poster: diana bb
diana bb
diana bb  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 04:49
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Sep 9, 2003

I havent received a single email or Kudoz question from Proz for over two weeks now. Several Lithuanian colleagues have the same complaint, but, having written to TechSupport and received no response whatsoever, they probably just dont care any more. Well, I can find the questions in the main page, so I'm not bothered about that too much at present.

What REALLY worries me is that no postings mailed from the Powwow page reach the addressees. The same holds true for emails sent from t
... See more
I havent received a single email or Kudoz question from Proz for over two weeks now. Several Lithuanian colleagues have the same complaint, but, having written to TechSupport and received no response whatsoever, they probably just dont care any more. Well, I can find the questions in the main page, so I'm not bothered about that too much at present.

What REALLY worries me is that no postings mailed from the Powwow page reach the addressees. The same holds true for emails sent from the powwow page or from the members' profile pages. The powwow is due on 20 Sept, and as its organiser I simply cant reach all concerned.

Any advice on what should be done?

Regards,

Diana
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:49
English to German
+ ...
Check your e-mail settings Sep 9, 2003

Hi Diana,
I havent received a single email or Kudoz question from Proz for over two weeks now. Several Lithuanian colleagues have the same complaint, but, having written to TechSupport and received no response whatsoever, they probably just dont care any more.

You say that they have written to TechSupport - exactly what did they do? If they sent e-mails to proz.com addresses, their chances of getting a response are indeed small, because ProZ.com is bombarded with messages. Or did they submit a Support Request through the corresponding site function?

What REALLY worries me is that no postings mailed from the Powwow page reach the addressees. The same holds true for emails sent from the powwow page or from the members' profile pages. The powwow is due on 20 Sept, and as its organiser I simply cant reach all concerned.

The first thing those affected (including yourself, of course) should do is to check their e-mail settings. Sometimes e-mail addresses "bounce" (i.e. they are rejected by the ISP), and are therefore invalidated to avoid unnecessary traffic.

If your/their profile shows the correct address, and you're still not getting anything, submit a Support Request.

HTH, Ralf

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 21:49
SITE STAFF
Email being delivered--please contact your ISP Sep 9, 2003

Diana,

Email from ProZ.com to the address specified in your profile is being successfully delivered to your ISP. Please contact your ISP's support department to find out what is happening to those messages after their mail servers accept them. Your ISP may be incorrectly marking ProZ.com mailing list messages as spam. Do your Lithuanian colleagues use the same ISP that you do?

Regards,

jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No emails, no postings

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »