No access to hosted website
Thread poster: xxx xxx
xxx xxx
xxx xxx
Local time: 15:45
Nov 7, 2003

Since yesterday I cannot access my website any more in order to make changes. The traffic analysis seems to be down also.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems?

Regards

Diane

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:45
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Nov 7, 2003

...this is bound to get quicker feedback than a forum posting.

Good luck, Ralf

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Same here! Nov 7, 2003

(((

My hosted website is on, but I cannot access the builder (when clicking "Hosting", blank page is displayed) and my glossary box is not diplayed. I hope it will be repaired quickly(((

BTW, I have my ProZ personal glossary search box added to my website, whenever there is any server problem, the annoying message 'Cannot determine this dom
... See more
(((

My hosted website is on, but I cannot access the builder (when clicking "Hosting", blank page is displayed) and my glossary box is not diplayed. I hope it will be repaired quickly(((

BTW, I have my ProZ personal glossary search box added to my website, whenever there is any server problem, the annoying message 'Cannot determine this domain owner' is displayed. I understand that *sometimes* servers might be down, but I would prefer if this message was replaced by something like: 'We're sorry, service temporary unavailable, please check later' or something similar.

Help, please!

Magda
Collapse

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Depends on your definition of quick ... Nov 9, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...this is bound to get quicker feedback than a forum posting.

Good luck, Ralf

Sorry to contradict you Ralf but I have submitted 3 hosting-related support requests in the past seven days without even receiving an acknowledgement.

No explanation on the site status page either - does anyone know what's going on?

Deborah

xxx xxx
xxx xxx
TOPIC STARTER
The funny thing is... Nov 10, 2003

if you click on "hosting" while not being logged in you get the normal introductory page, but as soon as you log in it becomes a blank page!

BTW, I took your advice, Ralf, but I have not had any reponse yet, either. And I would need to access my pages rather soon!

Regards,

Diane

Deborah Shannon wrote:

Sorry to contradict you Ralf but I have submitted 3 hosting-related support requests in the past seven days without even receiving an acknowledgement.

Deborah

[Edited at 2003-11-10 07:59]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
My apologies Nov 10, 2003

I'll follow this up with ProZ.com staff by telephone as soon as they come into the office (bearing in mind the time difference).

Best regards, Ralf

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Thanks Ralf Nov 10, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

I'll follow this up with ProZ.com staff by telephone

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to follow it up -

all the best, Deborah

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 09:45
SITE STAFF
Hosting problem should be resolved Nov 10, 2003

Sorry for the delay getting back to everyone. I think I've resolved the problem that was preventing a number of members from editing their hosted web sites. I think have answered all relevant support requests as well.

And Ralf is right, submitting a support request is generally a quicker way to get support than posting to the forums, even when I'm slow to reply. Again, my apologies.

Regards,

jg

xxx xxx
xxx xxx
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Ralf and Jason, Nov 10, 2003

Everything seems to be back to normal, now.

Regards,

Diane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No access to hosted website

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »