https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/16525-prozcom_instant_messages_troubles.html

ProZ.Com Instant Messages - Troubles
Thread poster: Lúcia Lopes
Lúcia Lopes
Lúcia Lopes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:59
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 9, 2003

Hi!

Some weeks ago I´ve sent an Instant Message to some colleague here in ProZ and, ever since, the answer he sent me back insists in keeping popping up each time I open a new ProZ. page. Is there a way I can solve this annoying trouble? Many thanks in advance, Maria Lopes

Linda Switten
Linda Switten
Belgium
Local time: 20:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
Cookies Dec 10, 2003

Hi,

maybe this might help. Check if deleting your cookies solves the problem. If you don't know how to delete them:

in internet click on tools > internet options > delete cookies

If you don't see the button delete cookies (it's under the general tab), do the following: click on settings > view files and then delete all files in there.

Once this has been done, close the internet, open it again and check if you still have the same problem.
... See more
Hi,

maybe this might help. Check if deleting your cookies solves the problem. If you don't know how to delete them:

in internet click on tools > internet options > delete cookies

If you don't see the button delete cookies (it's under the general tab), do the following: click on settings > view files and then delete all files in there.

Once this has been done, close the internet, open it again and check if you still have the same problem.

Regards and success.
Collapse

Lúcia Lopes
Brazil
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cookies, Tortuga Dec 11, 2003

Hi Tortuga, I´ve tried what you´ve suggested and yes, it works, only that then I appear as logged out; but as soon as I do log in the boring instant message re-starts popping-up again & again. Anyhow, I´ll try to stay in the "logout" mode as long as I can, so I won't be seeing the #$%@*&## message all the time. Thanks a lot for your advice, CheerS! Maria Lopes

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Dec 13, 2003

Hi Maria,
First of all, I will move the thread to ProZ.com Tech Support.

Have you actually clicked on the Close Window button in the popup? Pretty obvious, I guess, but you did not specify that you did...

If your problem persists, I suggest you submit a Support Request, specifying which operating system and browser you use.

Best regards, Ralf

Lúcia Lopes
Brazil
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support Request - how to do it? Dec 14, 2003

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

>Have you actually clicked on the Close >Window button in the popup? Pretty >obvious, I guess, but you did not specify >that you did...

Hi dear Ralf!

Answering to your question yes, I´ve tried (and did close) the popup in every way I could (clicking upon the "X" above, on the icon below where it says "close this window", answering to its author to see if so the popup went finally away).

>If your problem persists, I suggest you >submit a Support Request, specifying which >operating system and browser you use.

How do I do this? I work with the "Oulook Express", "Microsoft Internet Explorer", my Windows is a XP type, Home Edition, Version 2002; my PC is a Dell Dimension 4500S, Intel(R), Celeron (R) CPU 1,70 GH, 128 MB RAM.

Herzlichem Dank aus Brasilien!

Maria Lopes

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use the Support option in the main navigation Dec 14, 2003

Hallo Maria,

How do I do this?

Use the Support option on the main site navigation; there you will find a link to submit a support request to ProZ.com staff.

HTH, Ralf

Lúcia Lopes
Brazil
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support Request, I´ve found it! Dec 14, 2003

Dear Mates,

Please do not bother trying helping me to find where the "Support Request" link is located on the site: I´ve already managed to do it!!! (and have already sent my Request!)

SO: CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!

HAPPY HOLYDAYS TO ALL, ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Maria Lopes

[Edited at 2003-
... See more
Dear Mates,

Please do not bother trying helping me to find where the "Support Request" link is located on the site: I´ve already managed to do it!!! (and have already sent my Request!)

SO: CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!

HAPPY HOLYDAYS TO ALL, ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Maria Lopes

[Edited at 2003-12-14 19:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.Com Instant Messages - Troubles

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »