Thread poster: R. James
R. James
R. James
United States
Local time: 08:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 30, 2003

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, or if the answer is obvious and I'm just not seeing it.

I'm trying to adjust the amount of feedback I get from certain language pairs, but it seems as though the only thing I can change is the "yes" or "no" under the "Show in Profile" column.

How can I change the other settings, such as e-mail, etc?

Is it necessary to delete all of them and re-enter them in order, or can they be individually edited?

... See more
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, or if the answer is obvious and I'm just not seeing it.

I'm trying to adjust the amount of feedback I get from certain language pairs, but it seems as though the only thing I can change is the "yes" or "no" under the "Show in Profile" column.

How can I change the other settings, such as e-mail, etc?

Is it necessary to delete all of them and re-enter them in order, or can they be individually edited?

Sorry if this is elementary, but I'm not really seeing the light yet.

Thanks,
R. Felix

[Edited at 2003-12-30 21:30]
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:16
Georgian to English
+ ...
Editing language pairs in profile Jan 2, 2004

Hello,
a certain amount of editing of the e-mail preferences for a language pair that is already in a profile, can be done by going to:
[MainMenu=-MyProz=-Settings=-EMailPrefs]
I'm not sure that these changes are necessarily exactly the same as the numbered preferences set up when a language pair is added in:
[MainMenu=-MyProfile=-Settings=-LanguagePairs]
but they offer some scope for adjustment, at least.
If editing the e-mail prefs in settings doesn't provi
... See more
Hello,
a certain amount of editing of the e-mail preferences for a language pair that is already in a profile, can be done by going to:
[MainMenu=-MyProz=-Settings=-EMailPrefs]
I'm not sure that these changes are necessarily exactly the same as the numbered preferences set up when a language pair is added in:
[MainMenu=-MyProfile=-Settings=-LanguagePairs]
but they offer some scope for adjustment, at least.
If editing the e-mail prefs in settings doesn't provide the change you need for a particular languge pair, you would have to delete that pair and add it again from scratch - as I understand the way it is set up at the moment.
I hope that's some use:-)
(One word of caution - deleting and re-adding a language pair may change the order language pairs are displayed in, which may not matter, but can be a bit vexing if you started with a order that you particularly liked.)
Best wishes
Giuli Kvrivishvili

~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2004-01-02 15:05]

[Edited at 2004-01-05 15:12]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Altering Lang Pairs in Profile ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »