https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/17908-id_verification_process.html

ID verification process
Thread poster: otouro
otouro
otouro
Portugal
Local time: 18:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 30, 2004

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to clarify how exactly I can get the ID verified symbol to appear on my profile?

At the last powwow I attended in Lisbon (Nov. 29 2003) I had provided all the necessary details and shown photo ID (my passport) to the organizer. I got an email from the organizer saying she has filled in confirmation of my ID, but to date the ID verified symbol hasn't appeared on my profile.

This is the second powwow I've tried to get my ID verifi
... See more
Hi all,

Would anyone be able to clarify how exactly I can get the ID verified symbol to appear on my profile?

At the last powwow I attended in Lisbon (Nov. 29 2003) I had provided all the necessary details and shown photo ID (my passport) to the organizer. I got an email from the organizer saying she has filled in confirmation of my ID, but to date the ID verified symbol hasn't appeared on my profile.

This is the second powwow I've tried to get my ID verified at (the other was in Coimbra in July 2003), so any tips on how I could resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Roy
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:34
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Request Jan 30, 2004

Hi Roy,
Why don't you go to the VID Application and submit a request there: I suggest you choose the second option, select "ProZ.com staff" in the dropdown list and indicate the powwow place and date (make sure to mention "Powwow").

HTH, Ralf

otouro
otouro
Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Perfect solution :) Jan 30, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your help! I'll do that and keep my fingers crossed!

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 13:34
SITE STAFF
How to get your ID verified at a powwow Jan 30, 2004

otouro,

There are a couple more steps you must complete before your ID can be verified. I'm sorry this information hasn't been laid out explicitly elsewhere; I will add this to the FAQ.

In order to have your ID verified at a powwow by a member who has the authority to verify identities, you must show that person picture identification when you meet him or her in person (I see you have already done this, otouro).

As with other VID methods, the name on your
... See more
otouro,

There are a couple more steps you must complete before your ID can be verified. I'm sorry this information hasn't been laid out explicitly elsewhere; I will add this to the FAQ.

In order to have your ID verified at a powwow by a member who has the authority to verify identities, you must show that person picture identification when you meet him or her in person (I see you have already done this, otouro).

As with other VID methods, the name on your picture ID must match the real name you have entered in your profile. But unlike the other VID methods performed by site staff, you must also elect to show your real name on the site. Otherwise the member won't be able to see your name and compare it with the name shown on your ID. After you are VIDed, you may choose to hide your real name again if you wish.

You can edit the real name in your profile by selecting "My ProZ.com->My Settings->Personal Data" from the menu.

You can choose to hide or show your real name in your profile by selecting "My ProZ.com->My Settings->Basic Profile" from the menu.

Once you have shown your real name on the site, met a member with VIDing authority in person and shown him or her your picture identification, you can submit a request to that person to verify your identity on the site. To do so, go to the VID application page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application

On the VID application, select the "met in person" option, and select the name of the person you met from the drop down list of authorized VIDers. (If the person's name is not in the list, he doesn't have such authority.) Then enter the date and location of your meeting, and submit the form. The person will receive an email request to verify your identity.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

otouro
otouro
Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and a couple of questions... Jan 30, 2004

Hi Jason,

Thanks heaps for such a comprehensive explanation. I\'m sorry to bother site staff on the issue but was completely baffled and I guess this might help others too.

I was wondering:
(a) once I show my real name on my profile do I have to wait to attend my next powwow to go thru these steps or can I fill in the data of the last powwow I attended and proceed on the basis of that (and the organizer would then get a request to provide confirmation...)?
... See more
Hi Jason,

Thanks heaps for such a comprehensive explanation. I\'m sorry to bother site staff on the issue but was completely baffled and I guess this might help others too.

I was wondering:
(a) once I show my real name on my profile do I have to wait to attend my next powwow to go thru these steps or can I fill in the data of the last powwow I attended and proceed on the basis of that (and the organizer would then get a request to provide confirmation...)?

>>On the VID application, select the \"met in person\" option, and select the name of the person you met from the drop down list of authorized VIDers. (If the person\'s name is not in the list, he doesn\'t have such authority.)

(b)I don\'t think any of the people on the drop down list live in Portugal, so would I fill in ProZ staff as suggested by Ralf? and the organizer would then receive a request to confirm she met me..?

Thanks again for all your help,

Roy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ID verification process

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »