Why does it take so long to get an answer?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:50
English to German
+ ...
Feb 23, 2004

I have submitted a support request some days ago, and have not heard back from you.

I am really wondering if this is only me, but as far as I can remember, all support requests I have ever submitted to Proz have been left unanswered for one or two weeks. Payments take even longer.

I understand that you are really busy and that you are trying everything to improve this site. But on the other side, if I have a serious problem (in my case, I am not receiving any job or Kudoz notifications in spite of correct email settings) one week is a very long time. I even don't know if anyone out there has received my request.

I noticed more than once that members posted requests to the forums because they haven't received any response from support.

Please, don't get me wrong: I really appreciate the hard work you put into this community every day. It just leaves a bad taste when I see that no one really cares about our problems, and eventually jumps in when we go public.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-02-23 21:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jason Grimes
Local time: 06:50
SITE STAFF
Your ISP is blocking mail from ProZ.com Feb 24, 2004

Sonja,

I did reply to your support request, but apparently due to the nature of the problem you did not receive my reply. Here is a copy of what I sent you on Feb. 16:

Your ISP is blocking ProZ.com email notifications

Dear Sonja,

Your ISP is blocking email notifications from ProZ.com. The specific error message I receive from them is:

host medical-translator.de [62.80.111.128]:
553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

Please contact the support department at your ISP and ask them to remove the block. If they need to get in touch with me, they can do so via postmaster at proz.com.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jason G.
ProZ.com Team

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:50
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 24, 2004

Hello Jason,

I apologize for my rather harsh posting.

However, there were no signs that my ISP has caused the problem. I have contacted them.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-02-24 18:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why does it take so long to get an answer?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs